Curriculum, Assessment and Evaluation
Research group lead: Agnes Dodds
The Curriculum, Assessment and Evaluation group undertakes research in a broad range of areas related to the development, implementation and evaluation of entry to practice and other medical programs.
- Experiences of working as a Urological Teaching Associate teaching sensitive exams: A qualitative study
- Guiding assessment for learning in Indigenous health
- Predicting achievement in medical school: The role of selection measures and student characteristics
- Refinement of Feedback in Progress Testing
Research group lead: Robyn Woodward-Kron
The healthcare communication group investigates health professional-patient interactions, inter and intra-professional communication, and learner medical discourses to inform health professional education.
Student engagement and experience
Research group lead: Clare Delany
The student engagement and experience group undertakes research into the student/health professional experience of learning in different stages of the professional practice journey. Research from this group examines factors which influence student learning.
- Art in medicine programs: Student, academic, and practitioner perspectives
- Candidate perceptions of the Multiple Mini Interview as a Selection Tool for Medicine
- Development of a Study Diary Application
- Intern Readiness Project
- The fear of medical error: A growth mindset approach to ‘second victim’ support
- They do tell you a lot. Supporting staff who support Medical Students