Psychosis and Sczhophrenia
- Prof Susan Rossell, Brain & Psychological Sciences Research Centre, Swinburne University of Technology
- Prof Cherrie Galletly, Department of Psychiatry, University of Adelaide
- A/Prof Anthony Harris, Deparment of Psychiatry, University of Sydney
- Prof Paul Francis, School of Life & Environmental Sciences, Deakin University
- A/Prof Dan Siskind, School of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Prof Vera Morgan, Neuropsychiatric Epidemiology Research Unit, University of Western Australia
- A/Prof Anna Waterreus, Schoool of Psychaitry & Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia
- Morgan V, McGrath J, Galletly C, Harvey C, Castle D, Cohen M, Jablensky A, Carr V.
“An empirical framework for assessing mortality and morbidity in people with psychotic disorders: A 7-year prospective and 10-year retrospective follow-up of 2075 participants in the Study of High Impact Psychosis (SHIP) using linked registers”
National Health and Medical Research Council: AU$751,875
- Castle D, Rossell S, Galletly C, Harris A, Francis P, Siskind D.
“N-acetyl cysteine in schizophrenia resistant to clozapine: A double-blind randomised placebo-controlled controlled trial targeting negative symptoms” National Health and Medical Research Council: AU$981,788
- Rossell S, Castle D. “Investigating factors that influence the efficacy of cognitive remediation therapy in individuals with schizophrenia” St Vincent’s Hospital Research Endowment Fund: AU$20,000.
Morgan V, McGrath JJ, Jablensky A, Badcock JC, Waterreus A, Bush R, Carr V, Castle D, et al. “Psychosis prevalence and physical, metabolic and cognitive comorbidity. Data from the second Australian national survey of psychosis” Psychological Medicine 2014; 44: 2163-2176
Stefanis N, Dragovic M, Power B, Jablensky A, Castle D, Morgan VA. “The effect of drug use on the age at onset of psychotic disorders in an Australian cohort” Schizophrenia Research 2014; 156: 211-216
Castle D. Invited Debate: “Is early intervention for psychosis still the ‘best buy’?” British Journal of Psychiatry 2015;207: 288-292
Baker AL, Richmond R, Kay-Lambkin FJ, Filia SL, Castle DJ, Williams JM, Lewin TJ, Clark V, Callister R, Weaver N. “Randomised controlled trial of a healthy lifestyles intervention among smokers with psychotic disorders” Nicotine and Tobacco Research 2015; 17: 946-954
Foley D, Mackinnon A, Morgan V, Watts G, Castle DJ, Waterreus A, Galletly C. “Antipsychotic drug treatment is associated with an increased risk for diabetes only in those who do not have a family history of diabetes” Lancet Psychiatry (in press, accepted 09.06.2015)
This Research Group doesn't currently have any projects
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Professor David Castle