Find an expert
Welcome to the Department Medical Education
The Department was established in 2015 to continue the curriculum development success of the former Medical Education Unit (MEU) but with a broader focus on all aspects of Medical Education scholarship. With a central base at Parkville and academic activity at all of the Clinical Schools, we are working towards becoming a centre of excellence in the scholarly discipline of Medical Education.
The University of Melbourne’s Department of Medical Education undertakes a broad range of scholarly activities relating to the education of doctors. While its prime responsibility is developing and continuously improving the Melbourne Medical School’s innovative Doctor of Medicine (MD) program, the Department also delivers a variety of other postgraduate courses and has a vibrant medical education research program.
The Department is located at eight campuses of the Melbourne Medical School:
- Melbourne Medical School (University of Melbourne)
- Austin Clinical School (Heidelberg)
- Northern Clinical School (Epping)
- Epworth Clinical School (Richmond)
- Royal Melbourne Clinical School (Parkville)
- Rural Clinical School (including Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo & Wangaratta)
- St Vincents Clinical School (Fitzroy)
- Western Clinical School (Sunshine & Footscray)
as well as having strong academic links with the School’s clinical departments such as General Practice, Medicine & Radiology, Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and Psychiatry.