Department of Surgery sites
The Department is based across several campuses of the Melbourne Medical School, all at key hospital sites, as well as conducting academic activities in surgery at other hospitals.
- Surgery, St Vincent's Hospital, Eastern Hill Campus
- Surgery, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg Campus
- Surgery, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville Campus
- Northern and Western Campus
- Ophthalmology, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Eastern Hill Campus
- Otolaryngology, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Eastern Hill Campus
Welcome to the Department of Surgery
Professor Andrew Kaye, head of department
As Head of the Department of Surgery, I am pleased to introduce the Department that forms the focus for academic activities in surgery at The University of Melbourne and The Melbourne Medical School.
In keeping with the vision of the Melbourne Medical School, the Department of Surgery is committed to becoming world-renown in:
- Quality in patient care outcomes;
- Leadership in the provision of surgical education for medical students, and current and future surgeons;
- Innovation and excellence in the conduct of basic sciences, clinical and translational research;
- The establishment of linkages and partnerships with internal (inter-precinct, School, Faculty) and external stakeholders (Institutions, industry, government).