Department of Surgery Seeding Grants 2017
SEEDING GRANTS APPLICATIONS OPEN MONDAY 14TH AUGUST 2017
The Department of Surgery Executive have established a series of seeding grants that are funded from the Department of Surgery to provide funding of up to $20,000 to Early Career Researchers (ECRs) for research activities carried out within the Department of Surgery at the University of Melbourne.
* Applications open August 14, 2017;
* Applications close September 11, 2017;
* Successful applicants notified 1 November, 2017;
* Grants presented at Department of Surgery Research Day – 14 November, 2017;
* Commencement of project – 1 January 2018;
* Completion of project – 31 December 2018;
* Scientific and financial reporting (as per template to be provided) – 30 June 2019.
- Applicants will be up to 7 years post-PhD unless career interruptions exist (as defined in 6.2.1 of the 2017 NHMRC Funding Rules).
- Applicants who do not hold a PhD but can demonstrate an equivalent research qualification or experience may also be eligible to apply.
- Applicants will hold an honorary or fractional appointment with the Department of Surgery at the time of application.
The following documents are available on the Department of Surgery Website – please follow the links to access them.