Applications are currently closed. They will open in February 2017.
Applicants must be enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine course at the University of Melbourne in 2017.
Successful applicant must show:
- A passion to promote the Melbourne Medical School and its values to stakeholders
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- A capacity for community engagement
Ambassadors represent the student body and the Melbourne Medical School, both internally and externally. They assist with communications and stakeholder initiatives and attend events that focus on our Alumni, research partners, faculty stakeholders and the wider community. This also involves building a culture of philanthropy to assist future medical students.
Ambassadors are expected to present as professional, engaged and articulate. They are expected show initiative and commitment, have an aptitude for teamwork and manage time effectively to fulfil their obligations. Ambassadors embody the following values of the Melbourne Medical School:
- Commitment: working together to achieve excellence
- Integrity: having the courage to act on our convictions
- Compassion: understanding and caring about the needs of others
- Respect: appreciating the intrinsic worth of humanity
- Service: advancing and sharing knowledge related to health.
EXPECTATIONS OF AMBASSADORS
- Work with fellow ambassadors to develop visions and achieve goals
- Represent and promote the Melbourne Medical School and the University of Melbourne through student-led initiatives, faculty events and through traditional and digital media
- Assist in the preparation for, and attendance at, external stakeholder.
- Communicate your experience to current and future students, alumni, academics, stakeholders and donors
- Participate in meetings as required
- A commitment of at least 1 hour per week (on average)
WHAT STUDENT AMBASSADORS GET
- Development of leadership, teamwork, public speaking, public engagement, communication and organisational skills
- Valuable networking opportunities with students, academics, alumni, distinguished stakeholders and potential employers
- Exposure to volunteerism, philanthropy and associated benefits
- Enhance skills in partnership and exchange
- Become known as a community leader of the future
- Gain valuable life experience
- Attend exclusive events
- Deep, long lasting mutually beneficial relationship with the Melbourne Medical School