We seek to attract and retain outstanding new leaders to the Melbourne Medical School who are driven by excellence and inspired to improve the health outcomes of our national and global communities.
Our School provides the ideal environment for staff to grow and prosper. We value diversity and inclusion and have specific initiatives designed to support staff to flourish in their chosen career trajectory. Our broader faculty values of collaboration and teamwork, compassion, respect, integrity, and accountability complement our School based initiatives.
The University is recognised as an employer of choice for women and is one of 40 organisations to participate in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) pilot program of the Athena SWAN in Australia.
We were also recently awarded a bronze award on the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI) with significant contributions to achieve this coming from our Pride in Action network initiatives.
Staff safety and wellbeing are our top priority and benefits can also be tailored to best suit your needs and circumstances.
An opportunity to shape the future of medicine, research, and education
Under the leadership of Head of School Professor John Prins, the School is undertaking exciting new developments, including a major review of the MD curriculum, an emphasis on both clinician-scientist career trajectories and innovation pathways (in partnership with affiliated health services, medical research institutes and foundations), as well as a reinvigorated focus on clinically relevant research with impact.
These initiatives will be enhanced by a number of key leadership career opportunities across the School where appointees can assist to drive strategy, growth and continued excellence of Australia’s premier medical school.
Our value proposition
- Strategic vision for growth and expansion supporting positive national and global health impact
- Strong collaborative relationships with hospitals and affiliated organisations enabling a breadth and depth of opportunities for our staff and students
- Opportunity to be involved in the redesign of the Doctor of Medicine program to best prepare next-generation clinicians
- Globally engaged teaching and research agenda
- Access to world-class facilities and laboratories in Australia’s pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty
- An inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated with specific School initiatives including funding support schemes
- Recognition and reward programs
- Attractive establishment package where benefits can be tailored to suit your needs
- National and international research travel opportunities
- Head of Neurology and Associate Professor/Professor of Neurology
- Bob Dickens Chair in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Academic Lead, Campus Mental Health Strategy
- Professor of Military Mental Health, Phoenix Aus
- Chair of Psychiatry, St Vincent’s Hospital
- Associate Professor or Professor in Surgery at Northern Health
- Professor of Surgery at Austin Health
Recently appointed positions
- Director, Centre of Excellence in Emergency Worker Mental Health. Phoenix Australia
- James Stewart Chair of Surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Head of Department of Critical Care (Internal applications from Melbourne Medical School only)
- Head of Department of Medicine (Internal applications from Melbourne Medical School only)
- Department and Precinct Manager – Department of Medicine and Radiology
For the roles advertised, please email: MDHSTalent-Acquisition@unimelb.edu.au