We’re open for business!
Following the COVID-19 induced hiatus we are now looking to resume recruitment of new leaders to the School. We are continuing to grow and we’re seeking leaders who are driven by excellence and inspired to improve the health outcomes of our national and global communities to join us now!
About the opportunities
Melbourne Medical School (MMS) continues to build its significant research and teaching capacity, develop the future medical workforce and enhance strong relationships within the biomedical precinct.
Under the leadership of Professor John Prins, MMS is undertaking exciting new developments including a major review of the Doctor of Medicine curriculum, an emphasis on the clinician-scientist career trajectory (in partnership with affiliated hospitals, medical research institutes and foundations), and a reinvigorated focus on clinically relevant research. These initiatives are being enhanced by a number of career opportunities with leadership positions across the School.
We have already recruited a number of outstanding leaders to the School and as we grow we continue to seek new leaders to join our ranks. These positions present a wonderful opportunity for appointees to help drive the strategy, growth and continued excellence of Australia’s leading Medical School.
What we offer
- Unique opportunity to contribute to the leadership of a medical school embracing the future
- Strategic vision for growth and expansion supporting positive national and global impact
- Strong collaborative relationships with hospitals and affiliated organisations enabling a breadth and depth of opportunities for our staff and students
- Opportunity to be involved in the redesign of Doctor of Medicine program to best prepare the clinicians of the future
- Supportive career development
- Globally engaged teaching and research agenda
- National and international research travel opportunities
- Recognition and reward programs
- Funding support schemes
- Attractive establishment package
- An inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated
- Access to world-class facilities and laboratories in Australia’s pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty
Applications now open:
Applications now closed:
- Director, Centre of Excellence in Emergency Worker Mental Health. Phoenix Australia
- Chair of Psychiatry, St Vincent’s Hospital
- Head of Department of Critical Care (Internal applications from Melbourne Medical School only)
- Head of Department of Medicine (Internal applications from Melbourne Medical School only)
- Associate Professor or Professor in Surgery at Northern Health
- Children’s Cancer Foundation Chair (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Professor of Surgery at Austin Health (on hold due to COVID-19)
- Department and Precinct Manager – Department of Medicine and Radiology
Positions now filled:
- Head of Department – Baker Department of Cardiometabolic Health
- Professor and Director of Health and Clinical Research Support
- Stevenson Chair of Paediatrics
- Professor / Associate Professor of Child Health Informatics
- School Manager, Melbourne Medical School
- Apex Australia Chair in Neurodevelopment and Disability
For any enquiries about the roles advertised, please email: