We’re growing and we’re seeking leaders who are driven by excellence and inspired to improve the health outcomes of our national and global communities to join us now!
About the opportunities
The Melbourne Medical School (MMS) continues to build its significant research and teaching capacity, develop the future medical workforce and enhance strong relationships within the biomedical precinct.
Under the leadership of Professor John Prins, the MMS is undertaking exciting new developments including a major review of the Doctor of Medicine curriculum, an emphasis on the clinician-scientist career trajectory (in partnership with affiliated hospitals, medical research institutes and foundations), and a reinvigorated focus on clinically relevant research. These initiatives are being enhanced by a number of career opportunities with leadership positions across the School.
There are also a number of leadership positions for academics in critical areas of research, co-located with our world-class partner hospitals and institutes. These positions present a wonderful opportunity for appointees to help drive the strategy, growth and continued excellence of Australia’s leading Medical School.
What we offer
- Unique opportunity to contribute to the leadership of a medical school embracing the future
- Strategic vision for growth and expansion supporting positive national and global impact
- Strong collaborative relationships with hospitals and affiliated organisations enabling a breadth and depth of opportunities for our staff and students
- Opportunity to be involved in the redesign of Doctor of Medicine program to best prepare the clinicians of the future
- Supportive career development
- Globally engaged teaching and research agenda
- National and international research travel opportunities
- Recognition and reward programs
- Funding support schemes
- Attractive establishment package
- An inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated
- Access to world-class facilities and laboratories in Australia’s pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty
Upcoming opportunities at the Melbourne Medical School:
- James Stewart Chair of Medicine
- Chair in Cancer Pathology and Head of Department of Clinical Pathology
- Stevenson Chair of Paediatrics
- APEX Australia Foundation Chair of Developmental Medicine
- Head of Department and Cato Chair of Psychiatry
Applications now closed:
- Deputy Head of School and Research Director – Melbourne Medical School
- Director of Curriculum Redesign (Level C/D)
- Director, Clinician Scientist Pathways (internal only – for staff and Honoraries)
Melbourne Medical School
The Melbourne Medical School (MMS) in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Melbourne is the oldest medical school in Australia. It is internationally renowned for global leadership in teaching and training, health research, policy and practice. The Melbourne Medical School is ranked ninth in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 for clinical, pre-clinical and health), has strong academic partnerships and ground-breaking collaborative research programs with leading hospitals in both the public and private sectors, as well as with leading medical research institutes and centres, nationally and internationally.
The Melbourne Medical School is composed of nine clinical departments
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Education
- Medicine and Radiology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Rural Health
- General Practice
The MMS works towards improving the health outcomes of the communities in which we serve by placing the person at the heart of healthcare. Our relationships with our partners, communities and colleagues are characterised by our values; commitment, integrity, compassion, respect and service.