Melbourne Medical School Strategic Grants for Outstanding Women
The Melbourne Medical School is a proud supporter of International Women’s Day and in 2019 we have answered the call for #BalanceforBetter through launching an exciting new initiative to support career progression in outstanding academic women.
The Melbourne Medical School Strategic Grants for Outstanding Women will assist talented female academics to negotiate some of the challenges they face in sustaining and building their careers with a view to facilitating their progression to senior academic positions.
The Melbourne Medical School is delighted to announce there will be six grants available, with funding ranging between $25,000 to $45,000 per year, for up to two years, to support research, teaching and/or leadership activities."
Women, from Academic Levels B to D, with an existing (paid or unpaid) academic affiliation to the Melbourne Medical School are eligible.
Applicants are encouraged to be open-minded when considering how they could use these funds to bolster their academic capability, productivity and profile.
The funding may be applied to:
- increase productivity and performance in research
- increase productivity and performance in teaching and learning
- gain new skills, undertake training, develop leadership capacity
- reduce administrative burden
- increase national/international profile by supporting conference or other work-related travel, including any associated increases in carer costs required during the period of travel
Please note this grant is not a project or fellowship scheme and does not provide support for direct research costs or the applicant’s salary.
Further details for this exciting new initiative by the Melbourne Medical School will be available in the coming weeks.