Welcome to new members and fellows of the Academy of Clinical Teachers
On 6 December, we celebrated the dedication and passion of a number of our clinical teachers at the first awards ceremony for the Academy of Clinical Teachers since 2015.
The 2018 Academy of Clinical Teachers Awards Ceremony was held on Thursday 6 December 2018 at University House Professors Walk. The event was a celebration of our Melbourne Medical School clinical teachers and their vital role in the promotion of excellence in clinical teaching and professional engagement with the University's health sector colleagues.
Members of our Academy of Clinical Teachers share the following characteristics:
- They have made a substantial and valued contribution to the University’s medical education programs over a significant period of time;
- They are recognised as excellent, dedicated, committed and passionate educators;
- They serve as role models for all clinicians who teach;
- They provide advice to the School on matters relating to clinical teaching, student assessment and program evaluation.
Those inducted to Fellowship of the Melbourne Medical School’s Academy of Clinical Teachers have demonstrated the above characteristics over a sustained period of ten or more years and with exemplary leadership.
The award winners and their families thoroughly enjoyed the night and we are now looking to create ways to utilise the expertise of the members and fellows of the Academy and to assist to create further linkages within the group and into the clinical schools and hospitals.
Our new fellows
- Professor Steven Chan
- Associate Professor Merrole Cole-Sinclair
- Dr Maria Coperchini
- Dr Jue-Chong Ding
- Associate Professor Hamish Ewing
- Associate Professor David Krieser
- Associate Professor Dina Logiudice
- Dr Louisa Ng
- Dr Michael Ponsford
- Dr Martin Wright
- Dr Andrea Bee
- Dr Suresh Varadarajan
Our new members
- Dr Linda Appiah-Kubi
- Dr Terence Chong
- Dr Alexandra Clinch
- Dr Robynne Dakis
- Dr Jacqueline Gilbert
- Dr Kimberley Jeffs
- Dr Sook Meng Lee
- Dr Kim Le Marshall
- Dr Barbara Sabangan
- Dr Ie-Wen Sim
- Dr Yen Leon Tan
- Dr Jennifer Weil