Winners of the School’s New Seed Grant Scheme
The Melbourne Medical School (MMS) coordinated a brand new research funding initiative this year: the MMS Seed Grant scheme for Early and Mid-Career Researchers. This one-year scheme aims to support researchers at these career stages to build their competitiveness in applying for major external research funding.
After a lengthy assessment process, the winners for this inaugural round are:
Mid-Career Researcher category
- Dr Natalie Hannan (Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Dr Julian Simmons (Department of Psychiatry)
- Dr Alex Bahar-Fuchs (Department of Psychiatry)
- Dr Claudia Di Bella (Department of Surgery)
Early-Career Researcher category
- Dr Tamsyn van Rheenen (Department of Psychiatry)
- Dr Rebecca Disler (Department of Rural Health)
- Dr Anita D’Aprano (Department of Paediatrics)
- Dr Roxanne Hastie (Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
Congratulations and best wishes to these researchers for the year ahead as they work towards grant submissions as project leaders in the next major NHMRC/ARC round. The School would like to acknowledge early and mid-career researchers who missed out on seed funding this year and encourage those still seeking support to apply again next year.