Strengthening Care for Children
Prof Dougie Boyle
Strengthening Care for Children (SC4C) aims to reduce hospital burden. It trials a model of integrated care developed to increase GP knowledge and confidence in paediatric care which may reduce referrals for paediatric patients to hospital Emergency Departments and Outpatient Clinics. This model supports the development of an educational and mentoring relationship between participating GPs and the visiting paediatrician from the Royal Children’s Hospital. The success of SC4C depends on utilisation of point of care ‘pop ups’, developed by our team, that capture referral data from GPs’ EMRs, and analysis of de-identified data from participating GP EMRs, captured using our privacy protecting GRHANITE® data extraction tool.
- Prof Harriet Hiscock, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Prof Raghu Lingam, University of New South Wales
- A/Prof Susan Woolfenden, NSW Health
- A/Prof Yvonne Zurynski, Macquarie University
- Prof Teng Liaw, University of New South Wales
- Prof Katherine Lee, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Prof Gary Freed, University of Michigan
- NSW Health
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- North West Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN)
- Central & Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network CESPHN
- Werribee Mercy Hospital
NHMRC partnership grant
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
General Practice and Primary Care
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.