The CGA-Oncology Study: Comprehensive geriatric assessment and intervention in older lung cancer patients
Professor Andrea B Maier
+ 61 3 8387 2137
The aim of the CGA-Oncology study is to prospectively assess the utility of the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment in older patients with lung cancer in terms of their quality of life, functional abilities, survival, rates of admission to hospital and health care related costs. Patients over the age of 65 years with a new diagnosis of advanced lung cancer receiving treatment at the Royal Melbourne Hospital are randomly allocated to receive current clinical care or a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment and intervention plan.
- Prof Andrea Maier, @AgeMelbourne Center Leader
- A/Prof Kwang Lim, Clinical Director
- Dr Claire Maddison, Geriatrician, PhD studentt
- Foundation Grant, The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Rier HN, Jager A, Sleijfer S, Maier AB, Levin MD. The Prevalence and Prognostic Value of Low Muscle Mass in Cancer Patients: A Review of the Literature. Oncologist. 2016 Jul 13. pii: theoncologist.2016-0066.
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
Royal Melbourne Hospital
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.