ACRF Translational Research Laboratory
The ACRF Translational Research Laboratory was established in 2013 and is located at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. Lead by Professor David Ritchie, Head of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Deputy Head of the Department of Haematology, the laboratory is focused on translational and biomarker research in cancer. We have current research projects in bone marrow transplantation, Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, Multiple Myeloma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia and Myelodysplasia. Central to this research is the availability of high quality primary samples from patients. We actively collect and process samples from multipe clinical trials across Australia. These samples are analysed using cutting edge immunological and molecular techniques to identify biomarkers of cancer response to treatment. In June 2016, the laboratory will re-locate to the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC).
- Dr Rachel Koldej, Senior Scientist
- Dr Joanne Davis, Postdoctoral Research Officer
- Dr Kylie Mason, NHMRC Postdoctoral Fellow and Clinical Haematologist
- Dr Lynette Chee, VCA Fellow and Clinical Haematologist
- Dr Ashish Bajel, Clinical Haematologist
- Dr Rachel Cooke, PhD student and Clinical Haematologist
- Dr Eric Wong, PhD student and BMT Fellow
- Mr Alex Davenport, PhD student
- Ms Chia Sharpe, PhD student
- Mrs Mandy Ludford-Menting, Research Assistant
- Mr Matthew Lansdown, Research Technician
- Dr Paul Neeson, Cancer Immunology Research, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Professor Dale Godfrey, Deparment of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne
- Dr Constantine Tam, Department of Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Prof Joe Trapani, Cancer Immunology Research, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- A/Prof Jayesh Desai, Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dr Michael Dickinson, Department of Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Melita Kenealy, Cabrini Health
- Prof Miles Prince, Department of Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Simon Harrison, Department of Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- A/Prof Jake Shortt, School of Clinical Sciences, Monash University
- Fight Cancer Foundation
- Royal Melbourne Hospital Foundation
- Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Victorian Cancer Agency
- Leukaemia Foundation Australia
- Styill SS, Adamides AA, Koldej R, Luwor RB, Ritchie D, Ziogas J and Kaye A. miRNA expression profiling of cerebrospinal fluid from patients with cerebral aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage – a pilot study. J NeuroSurg. 2016 Apr 29:1-9
- Nicholas A. Gherardin, Andrew N. Keller, Rachel E. Woolley, Jerome Le Nours, David S. Ritchie,
Paul J. Neeson, Richard W. Birkinshaw, Sidonia B.G. Eckle, John N. Waddington, Ligong Liu, David P. Fairlie, Adam P. Uldrich, Daniel G. Pellicci, James McCluskey, Dale I. Godfrey, and Jamie Rossjohn. Diversity of T Cells Restricted by the MHC Class I-Related Molecule MR1 Facilitates Differential Antigen Recognition. (In Press) Immunity Jan 2016
- Areeb Z, Stylli SS, Koldej R, Ritchie D, Siegal T, Morokoff AP, Kaye AH, Luwor RB. MicroRNA as potential biomarkers in Glioblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2015 Nov;125(2):237-48.
- Neeson PJ, Hsu AK, Chen YR, Halse H, Loh J, Cordy R, Fielding K, Davis JE, Noske J, Davenport AJ, Lindqvist-Gigg CA, Humphries R, Tai YT, Prince MP, Trapani JA, Smyth MJ and Ritchie DS. Immunogenic cell death of plasma cell by Mapatumumab and Bortezomib promotes NK cell-dependent induction of anti-myeloma cytotoxic T cell responses. OncoImmunology 2015 May 27;4(9):e1038011.
- Davis JE, Harvey M, Gherardin NA, Koldej R, Huntington N, Neeson P, Trapani JA, Ritchie DS. A radioresistant perforin-expressing lymphoid population controls allogeneic T cell engraftment, activation, and onset of graft-versus host disease in mice. Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant 2015 21(2):242-9.
- Davenport AJ, Jenkins MR, Prince HM, Ritchie DS, Trapani JA, Kershaw MH, Darcy PK, Neeson PJ. CAR T cells can Serially Kill – Oncoimmunology May 2015
- Davenport AJ, Jenkins MR, Cross RS, Yong CS, Prince HM, Ritchie DS, Trapani JA, Kershaw MH, Darcy PK, Neeson PJ. CAR-T cells inflict sequential killing of multiple tumor target cells. Cancer Immunol Res. Feb 2015
- Davis JE, Ritchie DS. The passive-aggressive relationship between CLL-B cells and T cell immunity. Leukaemia Research, 2014 38(10):1160-1.
- Regulators of allogeneic stem cell engraftment, graft versus host disease and graft-versus leukaemia
- Harnessing novel immunotherapies to restore immunity in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Analysis of circulating microRNAs in patient serum as a non-invasive biomarker platform
- Identification of biomarkers to novel therapies in Myelodysplasia
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Professor David S Ritchie
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.