- Professor Gustavo Duque, Geriatrician and Chair of Medicine
- Dr. Jennifer Schwarz, Geriatrician
- Dr. Kris Gosh, Geriatrician
- Dr. Mark Johansen, Geriatrician
- Dr. Claire McKie, Geriatrician
- Dr. Ruth Teh, Geriatrician
- Dr. Stephanie Ward, Geriatrician
- Dr. Meng Lee, Geriatrician
- Prof. Rob Daly, Deakin University
- A/Prof. Tara Brenan-Speranza, University of Sydney
- Dr. Oddom Demontiero, University of Sydney
- Dr. Pushpa Suriyaarachchi, University of Sydney
- Prof. Renuka Visvanathan, University of Adelaide
- Prof. Tim Henwood, University of Queensland
- Nepean Medical Research Foundation
- Australian Association of Gerontology
- Abimanyi-Ochom J, Watts JJ, Borgström F, Nicholson GC, Shore-Lorenti C, Stuart AL, Zhang Y, Iuliano S, Seeman E, Prince R, March L, Cross M, Winzenberg T, Laslett LL, Duque G, Ebeling PR, Sanders KM. Changes in quality of life associated with fragility fractures: Australian arm of the International Cost and Utility Related to Osteoporotic Fractures Study (AusICUROS). Osteoporos Int. 2015 Jun;26(6):1781-90.
- Huo R, Suriyaarachchi P, Gomez F, Lucio CL, Boersma D, Gunawardene P, Demontiero O, Duque G. Comprehensive Nutritional Status in Sarco-osteoporotic Older Fallers. J Nutr Health Aging. 2015;19(4):474-80.
- Vidal C, Li W, Santner-Nanan B, Gunaratnam K, Lim CK, Guillemin GJ, Ball HJ, Hunt N, Nanan R, Duque G. The kynurenine pathway of tryptophan degradation is activated during osteoblastogenesis. Stem Cells. 2015 Jan;33(1):111-21.
- Huo R, Suriyaarachchi P, Gomez F, Lucio CL, Boersma D, Muir SW, Montero-Odasso M, Gunawardene P, Demontiero O, Duque G. Phenotype of Osteosarcopenia in Older Fallers. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015 Apr 1;16(4):290-5.
- Bermeo S, Vidal C, Gunaratnam K, Zhou H, Duque G. Lamin A/C Acts as an Essential Factor in Mesenchymal Stem Cell Differentiation through the Regulation of the Dynamics of the Wnt/β-catenin Pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2015 Oct;116(10):2344-53.
- Phu S, Boersma D, Duque G. Exercise and Sarcopenia. J Clin Densitom. 2015 Oct-Dec;18(4):488-92.
- Johnson K, Suriyaarachchi P, Kakkat M, Boersma D, Gunawardene P, Demontiero O, Tannembaun C, Duque G. Yield and Cost-effectiveness of Laboratory Testing to Identify Metabolic Contributors to Falls and Fractures in Older Persons. Archives of Osteoporosis (in press).
- Gunawardene P, Bermeo S, Chung P, Pokorski I, Boersma D, Fung S, Suriyaarachchi P, Demontiero O, Duque G. Association between Circulating Osteogenic Progenitor (COP) Cells and Disability and Frailty in Older Persons: The Nepean Osteoporosis and Frailty (NOF) Study. Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015 Nov 2 (in press)
- Hassan B, Hewitt J, Keogh J, Bermeo S, Duque G, Henwood T. Impact of resistance training on sarcopenia in nursing care facilities: A pilot study. Geriatr Nurs. 2016 Mar-Apr;37(2):116-21.
- Levinger I, Phu S, Duque G. Sarcopenia and Osteoporotic Fractures. Clin Rev Bone and Miner Metab (In press, accepted 09/01/2016)
- Montero-Odasso MM, Barnes B, Speechley M, Muir Hunter SW, Doherty TJ, Duque G, Gopaul K, Sposato LA, Casas-Herrero A, Borrie MJ, Camicioli R, Wells JL. Disentangling Cognitive-Frailty: Results From the Gait and Brain Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016 Mar 16.
- Huo R, Suriyaarachchi P, Gomez F, Lucio CL, Boersma D, Gunawardene P, Demontiero O, Duque G. Phenotype of Sarcopenic Obesity in Older Individuals with a History of Falling. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics (in press).
- Duque G, Lord S, Mak J, Ganda K, Close JT, Ebeling P, Papaioannou A, Inderjeeth C. Treatment of osteoporosis in Australian Residential Aged Care Facilities: Update on Consensus Recommendations for Fracture Prevention. JAMDA (in press).
- Teh R, Mahajan N, Wilson A, Visvanathan R. “Clinical effectiveness of and attitudes and beliefs of health professionals towards the use of health technology in falls prevention among older adults”, International Journal of Evidence Based Healthcare Dec 2015:13(4):213-223.
- Johannesen M, Lo Giudice D. Elder abuse: a systematic review of risk factors in community-dwelling elders. Age Ageing. 2013; 42(3): 292-8.
This Research Group doesn't currently have any projects
For further information about this research, please contact Professor Gustavo Duque
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.