Gynaecology Research Centre - Reproductive Biology Group
This group is interested in reproductive biology, specialising in infertility and pregnancy disorders associated with placental insufficiency and endometrial cancer, with a focus on endometrial receptivity, establishment of pregnancy embryo-endometrial communication and trophoblast-endometrial interactions, and cell adhesion and invasion.
- Prof Eva Dimitriadis - Professor in Reproductive Biology, Co-Director, Gynaecology Research Centre
- Dr Ellen Menkhorst - Research Fellow in Reproductive Biology
- Dr Wei Zhou - Research Fellow in Reproductive Biology
- Dr Leilani Santos - Senior Research Support Officer
- Teresa So – Research Assistant
- Ms Emily Jane Bromley – Clinical Research Nurse
- Sarah Whitby, MDRP1 Student
- Sadaf Zadir, Honours Student
- A/Prof Kaori Koga, University of Tokyo, Japan
- A/Prof Daniel Rolnik, Monash University, Australia
- Prof Kypros Nicolaides, NHS, London, United Kingdom
- Dr Jemma Evans, Hudson Institute, Australia
- Grant funding last 5 years (2013-19) $5,777,014
- Grant funding overall as CIA $8,291,120
- NHMRC funding last 5 years (as CIA 2013-19) $3,222,414
- NHMRC funding overall as CIA $5,886,520
- Industry Grant funding last 5 years as CIA (2013-19) $282,000
- Industry Grant funding overall as CIA $2,404,600
This research project is available to PhD students, Masters by Research, Honours students to join as part of their thesis.
Please contact the Research Group Leader to discuss your options.
- Menkhorst E, Zhou W, Santos L, Delforce S, So T, Rainczuk K, Loke H, Syngelaki A, Varshey S, Williamson N, Pringle K, Young MJ, Nicolaides KH, St-Pierre Y, Dimitriadis E. Galectin-7 impairs placentation and causes preeclampisa features in mice [published online ahead of print, 2020 Aug 31]. Hypertension. 2020. doi:10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.120.15313. Citations 0. Field Weighted View Impact 0.
- Ling CK, Santos LL, Zhou W, Dimitriadis E. Chloride intracellular channel 4 is dysregulated in endometrium of women with infertility and alters receptivity [published online ahead of print, 2020 Aug 14]. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020;S0006-291X(20)31436-4. doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2020.07.046. Citations: 0. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- George L, Winship A, Sorby K, Dimitriadis E, Menkhorst E. Profilin-1 is dysregulated in endometroid (type I) endometrial cancer promoting cell proliferation and inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokine production [published online ahead of print, 2020 Aug 13]. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020;S0006-291X(20)31524-2. doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2020.07.123. Citations: 0. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Zhou W, Santos L, Dimitriadis E. Characterization of the role for cadherin 6 in the regulation of human endometrial receptivity. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 2020; 18(1); art. no. 66. DOI: 10.1186/s12958-020-00624-w. Citations: 0. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Murthi P, Rajaraman G, Erwich J.J, Dimitriadis E. Decreased placental FPR2 in early pregnancies that later developed small-for-gestation age: a potential role of FPR2 in the regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cells 2020 April 10; 9(4); E921. doi: 10.3390/cells9040921. Citations: 0. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Menkhorst EM, Van Sinderen M, Correia J, Dimistriadis E. Trophoblast function is altered by decidual factors in gestational-dependant manner. Placenta. 2019; 80:8-11. doi: 10.1016/j.placenta.2019.03.013. Epub 2019 Mar 26. Citations: 1. Field Weighted View Impact: 4.22.
- Takamura M, Zhou W, Rombauts, L, Dimitriadis E. The long non-coding RNA PTENP1 regulates human endometrial epithelial adhesive capacity in vitro: implications in infertility. Biology of Reproduction. (2019) 102(1):53-62. doi10.1093/biolre/ioz173. Citations: 1. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Van Sinderen M, Griffiths M, Menkhorst E, Niven K, Dimitriadis E. Restoration of microRNA-29c in type I endometioid cancer reduced endometrial cancer cell growth. Oncology Letters. 2019;18(3):2684-2693. doi: 10.3892/ol.2019.10588. Citations: 0. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Griffiths M, Van Sinderen M, Rainczuk, K, Dmitriadis E. miR-29c overexpression and COL4A1 downregulation in infertile human endometrium reduces endometrial epithelial cell adhesive capacity in vitro implying roles in receptivity. Scientific Reports. 2019; 14;9(1):8644. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-45155-6. Citations: 3. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.
- Loke H, Rainczuk K, Dimitriadis E. MicroRNA biogenesis machinery is dysregulated in the endometrium of infertile women suggesting a role in receptivity and infertility. Journal of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry. 2019;67(8):589-599. doi: 10.1369/0022155419854064. Citations: 2. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.92.
- Malekmohamadi N, Abdanipour A, Ghorbanlou M, Shokri S, Shirazi R, Dimitriadis E, Nejatbakhsh R. Differentiation of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells into male germ-like cells in co-culture with testicular cells. Endocrine Regulations. 2019;53(2):93-99. Doi:10.2478/enr-2019-0010. Citations: 1. Field Weight View Impact: 0.
- Menkhorst E, Griffiths M, Van Sinderen M, Rainczuk K, Niven K, Dimitriadis E. Galectin-7 is elevated in endometriod (type I) endometrial cancer and promotes cell migration. Oncology Letters. 2018;16(4):4721-4728. Doi: 10.3892/ol.2018.9193 Citations: 3. Field Weighted Citation Impact: 0.61.
- Menkhorst E, Van Sinderen M, Rainczuk K, Cuman C, Winship A, Dimitriadis E. Invasive trophoblast promote stromal fibroblast decidualization via profiling 1 and ALOX5. Scientific Reports. 2017;7:1:8690. Doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-05947-0. Citations: 5. Field Weighted View Impact: 0.52.
- Winship A, Menkhorst E, Van Sinderen M, Dimitriadis E. Interleukin 11 blockade during mid to late gestation does not affect maternal blood pressure, pregnancy viability or subsequent fertility in mice. Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2018;36(3):250-258. Citations: 1. Field Weighted View Impact: 1.01.
- Lappas M, McCracken S, McKelvey K, Lim R, James J, Roberts CT, Fournier T, Alfaidy N, Powell KL, Borg AJ, Morris JM, Leaw B, Singh H, Ebeling PR, Wallace EM, Parry LJ, Dimitriadis E, Murthi P. Formyl peptide receptor-2 is decreased in fetal growth restriction and contributes to placental dysfunction. Molecular Human Reproduction. 2018;24(2):94-109. doi: 10.1093/molehr/gax067. Citations: 2. Field Weighted View Impact: 3.05.
- Critical regulators of placentation
- Mechanistic and translational studies in female reproductive health
- Facilitating endometrial receptivity to improve pregnancy outcomes
- Critical regulators of endometrial receptivity
- Identifying novel placental-released biomarkers of preeclampsia
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Professor Eva Dimitriadis
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.