Depression and Anxiety Neuroscience
+ 61 3 834 41959
Our aim is to develop experimental models based on affective neuroscience for treatment-oriented research and discovery in mood and anxiety disorders.
Large-scale brain functional systems; emotion, affect and self-related processes; brain-body interactions.
Please contact us to discuss specific projects.
Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI); psychophysiological monitoring, experimental cognitive and affective neuroscience.
- NHMRC 1025619; 1064643; 1124472
Level 3, 161 Barry Street,
Carlton, Melbourne, Australia
Phone: (+613) 8344-1959
- Davey CG, Pujol J, Breakspear M, Harrison BJ. A brain model of disturbed self appraisal in depression. The American Journal of Psychiatry (2017)
- Harrison BJ, et al. Human ventromedial prefrontal cortex and the positive affective processing of safety signals. NeuroImage. (2017)
- Fullana MA, Harrison BJ, et al. Neural signatures of human fear conditioning: an updated and extended meta-analysis of fMRI studies. Molecular Psychiatry (2016)
- Schmaal et al. Cortical abnormalities in adults and adolescents with major depression based on brain scans from 20 cohorts worldwide in the ENIGMA Major Depressive Disorder Working Group. Molecular Psychiatry (2016)
- Davey CG, Pujol J, Harrison BJ. Mapping the self in the brain’s default mode network. NeuroImage (2016)
- Stephanou K, Davey CG, Kerestes R, Whittle W, Pujol J, Yucel M, Fornito A, Lopez-Sola M, Harrison BJ. “Brain functional correlates of emotion regulation across adolescence and young adulthood”. Human Brain Mapping (2016)
- Harrison et al. “A neural mediator of human anxiety sensitivity”. Human Brain Mapping (2015)
This Research Group doesn't currently have any projects
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact RESEARCH STREAM LEADER Associate Professor Ben Harrison
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.