Academic Promotions 2021
Very exciting news for the Department with successful promotions for Dr Patty Chondros and Dr Laura Tarzia, who were recently promoted to Associate Professor, and A/Prof Douglas Boyle who was recently promoted to Professor.
- Promotion of academic staff recognises and rewards sustained high achievement.
- Equity, transparency and fairness in all decisions related to promotion.
- Judgments about promotion are:
- Made on whole-of-career achievements relative to opportunity, with particular attention given to the recent achievements of staff,
- including within their current Work Focus Category;
- Informed by the staff member's performance in performance reviews (Performance Development Framework);
- Made by committees of peers through a process designed to enable fair and consistent application of standards;
- Made across the three dimensions of academic performance that form the University’s Academic Performance Framework (APF)—activity, engagement and quality and impact—and the Academic Career Benchmarks and Indicators (ACBI), taking into account differences between disciplines and fields of study.
Head of Department Professor Lena Sanci publicly acknowledges the achievements of Patty, Laura and Dougie, stating "that applying for Promotion is a challenging process and requires hard work and courage to ‘put yourself forward’ for assessment by senior Academic colleagues".
Clinical Data Analytics - Professor Douglas Boyle
Principal Research Fellow - Associate Professor Laura Tarzia
Biostatistician In Primary Care - Associate Professor Patty Chondros