Department of General Practice Eleventh Annual Awards Night
The theme of the 11th Annual Awards Night was Navigating Mental Health in Primary Care: Stepped Care 2020 and Beyond. The evening recognised and awarded individuals and practices for their roles in teaching and research in 2018.
The Department of General Practice Annual Awards Night was held at University House at the Woodward on Tuesday 21 May.
The evening commenced with an in-conversation between leading expert Professor Jane Gunn (Chair in Primary Care Research), researcher Dr Susie Fletcher and Kerry Marden (Nurse and Mental Health Care Navigator) about their experiences at the coalface of primary care reform with the nurse service navigator.
- What does it take to build and implement a vision of stepped mental health care?
- What do models of primary care- based navigation look like for mental health?
- What are the challenges and opportunities presented by reforms to mental health delivery in primary care?
The Awards Night recognises the generous contribution of the Primary Care Community general practitioners and practice staff to the teaching and research undertaken at the Department. We take this opportunity to again congratulate all award winners for 2018:
- Excellence as a Teaching Practice in the GP Term – Bright Medical Centre
- Excellent Contribution to Research by a General Practice - Sunbury Medical Centre
- Excellent Contribution to Supporting Student Research by a Primary Care Practitioner – Dr Jane Crowe
- Exceptional Contribution to General Practice Research - Dr Richard Smith
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Leader – Demos Krouskos
- 2018 Primary Care Nursing Award for Academic Excellence – Kathryn Mackinnon
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Nurse – Valerie Edge
- Outstanding GP Term Teacher – Dr Nick Carr
- 2018 Therapeutic Guidelines Award – Jane Jeong
- 2018 RACGP Victoria Prize – Liam O’Bryan
- 2018 Eastern Victoria GP Training Prize – Chido Mwaturura
2018 Graduate Primary Care Nursing Student Award - Kathryn Mackinnon (above)
2018 Eastern Victoria GP Training Prize - Chido Mwaturura (above)
Outstanding General Practice Term Teacher - Dr Nick Carr (above)
Excellence as a Teaching Practice in the General Practice Term - Bright Medical Centre (above)
Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Nurse - Valerie Edge (above)
Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Leader - Demos Krouskos (above)
Excellent Contribution to Supporting Student Research by a Primary Care Practitioner - Dr Jane Crowe (above)
Excellent Contribution to research by a General Practitioner - Dr Richard Smith (above)
Excellent Contribution to Research by a General Practice - Sunbury Medical (above)
2018 Therapeutic Guidelines Award - Jane Jeong
2018 RACGP Victoria Prize - Liam O’Bryan