Level B Research Fellows successfully promoted to Level C Senior Lecturer
Some very exciting news for the Department with successful promotions for two academic staff members. Level B Research Fellows Dr Laura Tarzia and Dr Jo-Anne Manski-Nankervis were recently promoted to the position of Level C Senior Lecturer.
The promotion process aims to ensure that:
- Promotion of academic staff recognises and rewards sustained high achievement.
- Equity, transparency and fairness in all decisions related to promotion.
- Judgments about promotion are:
- Made on whole-of-career achievements relative to opportunity, with particular attention given to the recent achievements of staff, including within their current Work Focus Category;
- Informed by the staff member's performance in performance reviews (Performance Development Framework);
- Made by committees of peers through a process designed to enable fair and consistent application of standards;
- Made across the three dimensions of academic performance that form the University’s Academic Performance Framework (APF)—activity, engagement and quality and impact—and the Academic Career Benchmarks and Indicators (ACBI), taking into account differences between disciplines and fields of study and the diversity of academic across the domains of academic work.
Head of Department Professor Jane Gunn publically acknowledged their achievements and said “that applying for Promotion is a challenging process and requires hard work and courage to ‘put yourself forward’ for assessment by senior Academic colleagues. Both Laura and Jo-Anne should be extremely proud of their well-deserved achievement. I hope you will all join with me in celebrating their success”.