Sexual Health Across Clinical Contexts (SHACC)3 builds on aspects of Sexual health care covered in SHACC 1 & 2 but can also be taken as an independent course at the Discovery Integration level.
The topic has a clinical focus, developing sexual health care knowledge and skills beyond core teachings. The areas covered will include:
- Clinical experience in specialised Sexual Health services or high case load general practice.
- In depth knowledge of Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) and training in the administration of Implanon and IUDs
- Learning to be Early Medical Abortion (EMA) provider
- Gaining greater understanding of the impact of coercion and non-consensual sex
- Deepening knowledge of impacts of aging and sexual health
- Exploring Sexual health education