Build your own Medical degree
The redesigned Doctor of Medicine (MD) program launched in 2022 and enables you to customise your medical degree through our MD Discovery subjects. Our MD Discovery subjects support you to explore a wide range of topics, interests or domains of clinical practice.
Within MD Discovery, you complete Discovery subjects at each year of your MD journey. Each Discovery subject enables you to extend your knowledge and interests beyond the core MD curriculum, with a range of topics available.
Our team of Course Advisors are available at key decision points to support you in identifying your Discovery preferences and answering any questions about the program or our pathways.
Through our flexible pathway options, in the last two years of the program, you can choose either the Research Scholar or Clinical Scholar pathways to fulfill core research learning outcomes and extend skills and scholarship.
FIND OUT MORE
Find more details about your Discovery Flexible Pathway options here.
See below the intended learning outcomes for the discovery subjects at each year level:
- Discovery 1: Foundation: Develop a foundation of knowledge and understanding in your topic of choice.
- Discovery 2: Application: Apply your learning to the clinical setting.
- Discovery Research Scholar Pathway
- Discovery 3: Research scholar: Advance your knowledge and skills in the design and conduct of research.
- Discovery 4: Research scholar: Collect, analyse and interpret data and then present your findings in the form of a journal article-style report, conference poster and oral presentations.
- Discovery Clinical Scholar Pathway
- Discovery 3: Integration: Integrate multiple concepts into your practice of medicine.
- Discovery 4: Clinical scholar: Utilise and apply your MD Discovery learning to create a new process, research paper or patient education package to name just a few ideas.