Mercy Perinatal Mental Health Symposium
What a pleasure it is to invite you to the inaugural Mercy Perinatal Mental Health Symposium, to be held at the Park Hyatt, Melbourne on Saturday, 19 August 2017.
The reason? Firstly, It’s common. The World Health Organization (WHO) identifies major depression as the primary cause of years lived with a disability in women of reproductive age worldwide. Secondly, it’s important. In Australia, psychiatric conditions remain a significant contributor to maternal mortality and we are increasingly becoming aware of their lifelong impact on infants and children. Thirdly, all of us working with pregnant women need an accessible and engaging update: the all-important ‘what you need to know’ in the busy clinic.
- The toolkit for mental health assessment on the run
- Informed consent when prescribing psychotropic drugs, and what works when
- Emergency assessment: negotiating the CAT maze
- Perinatal loss and grief counselling: how to do it well
- Adjustment tips for postnatal life: both Mum and Dad
All this and much more. The program has been developed with clinicians in mind: obstetricians, midwives, GPs, psychiatrists and all those working in maternity care. Please check out the
Limited places - book early to avoid disappointment!
Tickets - $200 Midwife/Students Admission and $250 General Admission