The Vera Scantlebury Brown Child Welfare Memorial Trust Scholarship
This Scholarship is targeted at females working in the area of prenatal, child and family health, development and well being.
The Vera Scantlebury Brown Child Welfare Memorial Trust Scholarship was created in 1946 to commemorate the work of Dr Vera Scantlebury Brown, OBE, Director of Maternal Infant and Pre-School Welfare in Victoria from 1926 to 1946. It represents a celebration of Dr Scantlebury Brown’s leadership in the development of female professionals and as such is open to women only. Women who work in the area of prenatal, child and family health, development and well being are encouraged to apply.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to enable the successful applicant to undertake further studies or research overseas or in Australia.
Benefits and conditions
- The Recipient will receive up to $6,000
Every applicant shall at the time of her selection agree that within a period of no more than 12 months from the date of her completion of her study she shall return to Victoria and work for at least 12 months in the area in which she has gained training and experience. Applications for prior learning or travel reimbursement will not be considered.
The Scholarship is open to the following:
- Maternal and Child Health Nurses with midwifery and infant welfare qualifications registered with the Victorian Nurses Board
- Pre-School Teachers with a university level Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or equivalent three year degree in early childhood studies and an approved fourth year of study recognised by the Australian Early Childhood Association Qualification Approvals Committee
- Legally qualified Medical Practitioners registered in Victoria
- Women with suitable qualifications in the fields of Public Health, Social Welfare and Education
Selection of the The Vera Scantlebury Brown Child Welfare Memorial Trust Scholarship is based on three main criteria: personal circumstances, academic merit, and strength of supporting documents.
Applications for the Vera Scantlebury Brown Child Welfare Memorial Trust Scholarship close on Friday 26 April 2019.
Applications for this Scholarship must be in writing to the Trustees on the approved application form and reach the Secretary to the Trust on or before the due date.
For further information
Please contact Helen D’Cruz on 9345 6671 or email@example.com
|2018||Sarah Ferguson, Parenting assessment and skills development team coordinator, QEC|
|2017||Meredith Kiraly, Honorary Research Fellow, Dept of Social Work, The University of Melbourne|
|2016||Sacha Peterson, Clinical nurse consultant, Department of Nursing, The Royal Childrens Hospital|
|2015||Hannah Stark, Speech pathologist and early career researcher, The University of Melbourne|
|2014||Meredith Thea Banks, Maternal child health nurse, Dept of General Medicine, The Royal Childrens Hospital|