The Rural Clinical School Teachers' Group meets quarterly in Shepparton, Wangaratta and Ballarat. The meetings have an educational focus designed to assist with the development of the hospital ‘teaching culture' and provide clinicians with the skills to integrate teaching into their everyday clinical activities. The teaching groups comprise medical, nursing and allied health staff. Students give feedback on their educational experiences and offer their suggestions to the group about how placements may be improved.
Topics covered to date:
- “Giving feedback to learners.”
- “Creating an Educational Culture”
- “Teaching on wards and in clinics”
- “Small group teaching, tutorials and ward rounds – tricks of the trade.”
- “Putting problem-based learning into practice – developing skills in facilitation and using the evidence-base.”
- “Teaching on the run.”
If you would like to be added to the mail out for these meetings please contact the relevant office.