SexRurality Conference 2019
SexRurality Conference 2019 is coordinated by the Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH), Department of Rural Health, as part of our mandate to improve sexual health and wellbeing in rural Victoria.
This includes providing strategic leadership and advocacy, and working in partnership with rural communities, networks and agencies to improve rural sexual health service systems.
The conference aims to provide a forum for the presentation of high quality research and professional practice for sexual and reproductive health in rural settings.
The conference also aims to encourage growth in the capacity of rural practitioners and early career researchers in the confident presentation of their work.
When: 20-21 August 2019
Where: RACV Goldfields Resort, Creswick VIC
The program includes:
- Yumi Stynes – Broadcaster and writer – will facilitate a dynamic panel discussion with representatives from rural Victoria on their lived experiences accessing relatable and effective sexual health services
- Fiona Patten MP - leader of the Reason Party and a Member of the Victorian Legislative Council for the Northern Metropolitan region will deliver a keynote address
- Associate Professor Christopher Fisher - Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society – will present on a large national survey of rural adolescents related to their sexual health
- Get the latest information on STIs – chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis from sexual health academics and practitioners
- Hear from the team at the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation on current sexual health projects
Abstract submissions are now open on the following key themes:
- Place-based and setting-based initiatives to improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes
- Open topics
- Sexual health research involving rural communities
For more information please visit the conference website to view abstract guidelines and templates.
Tickets range from $60-100.
Applications for financial assistance are also available.