Internships in genomics: introducing our partners
The Master of Genomics and Health is a new program within the Melbourne Medical School that offers training in advanced genomics, variant curation, counselling and research. The capstone of this Masters is an internship program in which students are placed with industry, clinical and research partner organisations to gain professional experience in the delivery of genomic medicine into healthcare.
Students have completed their first 20 day internship and are commencing their second experiences. We are pleased to announce internship partnerships with the following organisations in 2021.
- Melbourne Genomics Health Alliance
- Acute Care Genomics
- Workforce Development and Education Program
- Australian Genomics Health Alliance
- Panel App Australia
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Biomedical Ethics Research Group
- Genomics in Society
- Down Syndrome Victoria
- Genetic Support Network Victoria
- Victorian Clinical Genetics Service
- RareDiseases Now program
- Royal Children’s Hospital
- Nephrology and Neuromuscular Clinic
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
Current students and recent graduates presented their internship projects at the recent Human Genetics Society of Australasia annual scientific hybrid meeting held virtually and in Adelaide, 14 to 17 August, 2021.
Applications for the 2022 in take for the Masters of Genomics & Health are now open. Places are also available for a Graduate Certificate (50 points) or a Graduate Diploma (100 points)