Recent publications from the Department of General Practice
- Chu TK, Lau P, Cheng R, Chan ML, Liang, J. A study on the prevalence of multi-morbidities of diseases and utilisation of public healthcare services in the New Territories West area of Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Practitioner. June 2018; 40:3-10.
- Chondros P, Davidson S, Wolfe R, Gilchrist G, Dowrick C, Griffiths F, Hegarty K, Herrman H, Gunn J. Development of a prognostic model for predicting depression severity in adult primary patients with depressive symptoms using the diamond longitudinal study. J Affect Disord 2018; 227: 854-860.
- Collyer A, Bourke S, Temple-Smith M. General Practitioners’ perspectives on promoting sexual health to young men. Aust Journal of General Practice, 2018, 7 (6); 299-304.
- Furler J, Norman O’Neal D, Speight J, Blackberry I, Manski-Nankervis J, Thuraisingam S, de La Rue K, Ginnivan L, Lea Browne J, Holmes-Truscott E, Khunti K, Dalziel K, Chiang J, Audehm R, Kennedy M, Clark M, Josephine Jenkins A, Liew D, Clarke P, Best J. GP-OSMOTIC trial protocol: an individually randomised controlled trial to determine the effect of retrospective continuous glucose monitoring (r-CGM) on HbA1c in adults with type 2 diabetes in general practice. BMJ Open (read full article here)
- Hulme-Chambers A, Temple-Smith M, Davidson A, Coelli L, Orr C, Tomnay JE. Australian women's experiences of a rural medical termination of pregnancy service: A qualitative study. Sex Reprod Healthc. 2018 Mar;15:23-27.
- Kumar S, Woodward-Kron R, Frank O, Knieriemen A, Lau P. Can patient-directed reminders improve preventive care for patients with type 2 diabetes in general practice? Australian Journal of General Practice. Australian Journal of General practice. June 2018; 47(6):298-304.
- Kunin M, Turbitt E, Gafforini SA, Sanci LA, Spike NA, Freed GL. General practitioner referrals to paediatric specialist outpatient clinics: referral goals and parental influence. Journal of Primary Health Care 2018;10(1):76-80. doi.org/10.1071/HC17030
- Manski-Nankervis J, Thuraisingam S, Lau P, Blackberry I, Sluggett J, Ilomaki J, Bell S, Furler J. Screening and diagnosis of chronic kidney disease in people with type 2 diabetes attending general practice Australian Journal of Primary Care (accepted Feb 2018), abstract online.
- Pung A., Fletcher S., Gunn J. How do primary care patients use mobile apps to manage their depressive symptoms? A qualitative study. JMIR 2018, in press (accepted June 2018).
- Richmond, J.A., Sasadeusz, J., Temple-Smith, M. The Role of Primary Health Care in Hepatitis B Testing and Management: A Case Study. Journal of Community Health 43(1), pp. 38-47
- Robards F, Kang M, Tolley K, Hawke C, Sanci L, Usherwood T. Marginalised young people’s healthcare journeys: Professionals’ perspectives. Health Education Journal. doi: 10.1177/0017896917752965. Published online 2 February 2018.
- Toh J, Temple-Smith M, Bilardi J. Australian general practitioners’ views and practices in the management of bacterial vaginosis: A pilot qualitative study Bacterial Vaginosis, Family Medicine and Care, 2018 Volume 1(1): 1-2, doi: 10.15761/FMC.1000103
- Webb MJ, Wadley G, Sanci LA. Experiences of General Practitioners and Practice Support Staff Using a Health and Lifestyle Screening App in Primary Health Care: Implementation Case Study. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2018;6(4):e105.