Annual Awards Night
The theme of the 9th annual Awards Night was Making Data work for General Practice.
The evening recognised and awarded individuals and practices for their roles in teaching and research in 2016.
The Department of General Practice Annual Awards Night was held at University House at the Woodward on Tuesday 11 April.
Mr Soenke Tremper and Dr Robert Campbell from the Shepparton Medical Centre gave the first presentation of the evening followed by the keynote presentation Big Data - Everyone's talking about it, but how do we make it work to help us make decisions given by Professor David Henry of the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine at Bond University, QLD.
The Awards Night recognises the generous contribution of the Primary Care Community general practitioners and practice staff to the teaching and research undertaken at the Department. We take this opportunity to again congratulate all award winners for 2016:
- Excellence as a Teaching Practice in the GP Term - Shepparton Medical Centre
- Excellent Contribution to Research by a General Practice - Surrey Hills Medical Centre
- Excellent Contribution to Supporting Student Research by a Primary Care Practitioner - Dr Christine Longman
- Exceptional Contribution to General Practice Research - Dr John Hodgson
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Manager – Ms Sharon Elves
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Nurse – Ms Bridget Wilkes
- 2016 Eastern Victoria GP Training Prize - Jessica Minshall
- 2016 RACGP Victoria Prize - Hannah Evans-Barns
- 2016 Therapeutic Guidelines Award - Laura Yan Tu
- Graduate Primary Care Nursing Student Award - Kellie Haratsis
- Outstanding GP Term Teacher - Dr Vu Le - Sunshine Ultimate Care Clinic