This subject extends knowledge and skills through clinical and practical discovery in sexual health care, communication and consultation skills. Knowledge extension includes an exploration of interprofessional care (health promotion, pharmacy access, contraception, and nursing) working toward adequate sexual health for the whole community. Other topics will include an extensive look at mental health and legal aspects of providing sexual health care focusing on youth, anatomy of sexual health and vulval dermatology.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of genital anatomy and individual variations.
- Demonstrate understanding of STI management.
- Apply understanding of sexual history taking and STI management to conduct a comprehensive patient-focused assessment.
- Demonstrate appropriate adaptability for the diversity of sexual health patient .
- Apply sexual health care learning to reflect on their attitudes towards issues related to sexual health.
Dates and Times
All MD Discovery 2 topics will be held during a 4-week block to be determined based on topic selection and clinical school availability.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning activities for topics include a mix of synchronous and asynchronous online materials, work integrated activities and independent learning.
For assessment information, refer to the handbook link for MD Discovery 2: Application.
For any queries contact the Student and Programs Coordinator: email@example.com