This subject extends knowledge and skills through clinical and practical discovery in sexual health care, communication and consultation skills. Knowledge extension includes an exploration of interprofessional care (health promotion, pharmacy access, contraception, and nursing) working toward adequate sexual health for the whole community. Other topics will include an extensive look at mental health and legal aspects of providing sexual health care focusing on youth, anatomy of sexual health and vulval dermatology.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of genital anatomy and individual variations.
- Demonstrate understanding of STI management.
- Apply understanding of sexual history taking and STI management to conduct a comprehensive patient-focused assessment.
- Demonstrate appropriate adaptability for the diversity of sexual health patients.
- Apply sexual health care learning to reflect on their attitudes towards issues related to sexual health.