This subject extends knowledge and skills through clinical and practical discovery in sexual health care, communication and consultation skills. Knowledge extension includes an exploration of interprofessional care for complex sexual health patients including learning from the following disciplines: Pharmacist, Occupational Therapist, General Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, HIV Specialist, Transgender Medicine Paediatrician, and AOD General Practitioner. Consent and capacity will be explored by a legal expert.
Workshops and tutorials will also cover anatomy of sexual health, vulval dermatology and pain syndromes and learning to conduct a full STI consultation. We are working toward equipping you to provide adequate sexual health for the whole community.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of genital anatomy and individual variations.
- Demonstrate understanding of STI management.
- Apply understanding of sexual history taking and STI management to conduct a comprehensive patient-focused assessment.
- Demonstrate appropriate adaptability for the diversity of sexual health patients.
- Apply sexual health care learning to reflect on their attitudes towards issues related to sexual health.