Rural Sexual Health Online Learning Modules
The Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH) has developed free and accredited online learning modules for rural health professionals and other interested rural workers.
The aim of these modules is to provide practitioners and students with knowledge and skills regarding aspects of sexual health that particularly pertain to the rural setting. The discussions will encompass issues relevant to all health practitioners. The emphasis of the module is not to teach all sexual health pathologies but to focus on some of the practical issues and approaches relevant to the rural practitioner.
There are 12 modules available on different facets of rural sexual health care. All modules are free and available online so they can be accessed at a time and pace that suits individual needs.
Module topics are:
- Introduction to Rural Sexual Health Care
- Cornerstones of Rural Sexual Health
- STI treatment and Management
- Youth and Trust
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Avoiding Assumptions in Sexual Health Care
- Partner notification in a small community
- Pharmaceutical Access for Sexual Health Care
- National Cervical Screening Program: addressing the needs of rural patients
- Service delivery of medical abortion in a rural context
- Long Acting Reversible Contraception
The modules have recently been reviewed and updated. Each module is accredited with the RACGP and members can attract CPD points and for each hour of learning and a certificate on completion.