In MD Research Project (MDRP), completed during the 3rd and 4th year of the Doctor of Medicine (MD) course at the University of Melbourne, students have the opportunity to complete a research project in a field related to medicine. During this time students:
- explore an area of relevance to medicine in greater depth than is possible in the body of the curriculum.
- broaden their experience of health care and research, often in off-campus settings.
- learn the theory behind evidence and research, and experience it first hand and appreciate the challenges and limitations.
- have the opportunity to interact with researchers and better appreciate the background work and processes involved in the advancement of medicine.
- develop skills in the acquisition, evaluation and application of information (evidence) by undertaking in-depth studies in an area of their choice related to medicine.