Guiding assessment for learning in Indigenous health
+61 3 8344 4137
The project aims to (1) investigate assessment approaches used by academics involved in teaching Indigenous health at the masters level; (2) compare current assessment and teaching practices with educational theory and with learning goals stipulated by the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) at masters level learning ; and (3) develop practical teaching resources to inform and guide effective assessment for learning in Indigenous health.
The project team represents a collaboration between academics across Australia and New Zealand, all of whom are involved in educational research and/or Indigenous health research and teaching. The project aims to further advance the scholarship of Indigenous health education by examining current teaching and assessment practices at a master’s level and mapping them against specified higher education standards of learning, and pedagogies of teaching and learning
Dr Lachlan Doughney, Project Officer
- Professor Clare Delany
- Professor Shaun Ewen
- Partner institutions and project team:
- The University of Melbourne
- Professor Clare Delany (co-project leader),
- Professor Shaun Ewen (co-project leader),
- Associate Professor Louise Harms,
- Associate Professor Louisa Remedios,
- Dr Patricia Nicholson,
- Ms Shawana Andrews,
- Ms Lauren Kosta,
- Professor Michael McCullough,
- Dr Lachlan Doughney
- Flinders University: Associate Professor Wendy Edmondson
- University of Sydney: Dr Lilon Bandler
- University of Queensland: Professor Cindy Shannon, Associate Professor Jon Willis
- University of Auckland: Associate Professor Papaarangi Reid
Australian Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) $225.000
1. Delany, C., Kosta, L., Ewen, S., Nicholson, P., Remedios, L. & Harms, L. (2016). Identifying pedagogy and teaching strategies for achieving nationally prescribed learning outcomes. Higher Education Research & Development, DOI: 10.1080/07294360.2016.1138450.
2. Theory and Practice Report: Indigenous Health Assessment at Australian Qualifications Framework Level 9
3. Guiding assessment for learning in Indigenous health at level 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework: Final report: January, 2018
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.