Curriculum, Assessment and Evaluation
Research group lead: Agnes Dodds
The Curriculum, Assessment and Evaluation group undertakes research in a broad range of areas related to the development, implementation and evaluation of entry to practice and other medical programs.
- Art in medicine programs: Student, academic, and practitioner perspectives
- Candidate perceptions of the Multiple Mini Interview as a Selection Tool for Medicine
- Development of a Study Diary Application
- Experiences of working as a Urological Teaching Associate teaching sensitive exams: A qualitative study
- Guiding assessment for learning in Indigenous health
- Predicting achievement in medical school: The role of selection measures and student characteristics
- Refinement of Feedback in Progress Testing
Research group lead: Robyn Woodward-Kron
The Healthcare Communication group investigates health professional-patient interactions, inter and intra-professional communication, and learner medical discourses to inform health professional education.
- Let's talk about medical research: equity for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) older patients
- Medical students’ transition to practice telephone referral skill
- Towards improved quality of written patient records: language proficiency standards for non-native English speaking health professionals
Student Engagement and Experience
Research group lead: Clare Delany
The Student Engagement and Experience group undertakes research into the student/health professional experience of learning in different stages of the professional practice journey. Research from this group examines factors which influence student learning.