Are you passionate about a career in diabetes research?
Want to access a world-class network of research professionals, and training resources?
Apply for an ACADI PhD grant!
ACADI is offering two PhD grants to students enrolled full-time in a PhD at an ACADI core partner institution, whose work aligns with ACADI’s three research priority areas:
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Peripheral neuropathy and diabetic foot syndrome
- Short-term complications of hypoglycaemia and/or hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar syndrome (HHS) and diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
- Friday 11 November 2022
Applications open via SmartyGrants
- Friday 16 December 2022
Applications due via SmartyGrants
- March 2023
Notification of outcomes
The objectives of the funding are to:
- Support PhD students at the beginning of their careers in research related to diabetes and its complications, who demonstrate the motivation to make a difference to the field of diabetes.
- Provide small grants to assist with the establishment of a PhD student’s career.
- Build a PhD student’s track record to enhance competitiveness in bidding for research funds.
- Provide a PhD student with the opportunity to establish connections with industry partners and accelerate the development of research from bench to bedside
- Provide funding for PhD students working on projects that are strategically aligned with ACADI’s three priority areas.
- To help achieve ACADI’s vision to deliver novel interventions for timely diagnoses, prevention and treatment of diabetes and its complications.
- Grow a national network of diabetes researchers.
$31,200 allocated for a 12-month period. The grant will be paid directly to the PhD student to contribute to living expenses.
How to apply
1. Review the funding documents
Review the Funding Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria documents for this scheme.
2. Complete the application form via SmartyGrants
You will need to have the following supporting documents for your application:
- two-page Resume/CV
- two-page research Project Plan
- two written academic references (including contact details)
- academic results
Remember to leave plenty of time to collate the supporting documentation you require for your application. This will need to be uploaded into your SmartyGrants application form before you can submit.
Please kindly ensure you have consulted the Funding Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria, FAQs before submitting a query.