Cardiovascular Endocrinology Group
Assoc Professor Morag Young
+61 3 8532 1111
Heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to pump sufficient blood due to ‘stiffening’ of the myocardium caused by increased tissue fibrosis and changes in myocardial passive stiffness. Tissue injury, with chronic inflammation and fibrogenesis, results in disruption of normal tissue architecture and function and can progress to organ failure. Therapeutic options for chronic fibrosis, in the heart and other organs, are severely limited.
A new biology for the mineralocorticoid receptor (MR)
It was believed that chronic MR activation resulted in high blood pressure only, and increased Angiotensin II signalling caused fibrosis. However, we have shown that mineralocorticoids cause cardiac fibrosis via direct actions in the heart, contributing to large-scale clinical trials that established a major role for MR signalling in heart failure.
The 'textbook' model of MR biology is flawed
The MR controls numerous processes in non-renal tissues. Understanding MR mechanisms of action in these tissues is a prerequisite for future discovery of drugs that are selective for MR in the heart. Accordingly, we have developed a suite of tissue-specific MR null mice and genetically modified cell lines in order to understand this new MR biology as it relates to heart disease. Outcomes of this laboratories work identifying cell selective pathways, conformational changes and ligand dependent protein interactions for the MR have led to engagement with industry and together with clinical testing of preclinical data have created a pipeline for translating new therapies for cardiac fibrosis and heart failure.
Ongoing projects seek to identify novel mechanisms of MR signalling in macrophages and cardiomyocytes to generate new directions for the development of a selective MRA for cardiac fibrosis.
- Identify MR dependent mechanisms in tissue macrophages that regulate inflammatory and fibrotic pathways and determine the function of novel MRA signalling in vivo in clinical studies.
- Define MR and molecular clock interactions to provide new knowledge for MR actions in cardiomyocytes (i.e. disruption of the molecular clock as a driver for cardiac fibrosis).
- Engineer and test novel MR modulating compounds for cardiac fibrosis and inflammation that may also have fewer side effects.
- Assoc Prof Morag Young Group Leader
- Ms Monica Kanki PhD Student
- Mr Nikshay Karthigans PhD Student
- Mr Seamus Heanue BMedSci Student
- Mr John Soo Master's Student
- Ms Rizqa Putri BMedSci Student
- Mr Ryan Kissick Honours Student
- Mr Viet Ho Quoc PhD Student
Cosupervised PHD students (Monash, Endocrine Fellows)
- Dr Renata Libianto
- Dr Sonali Shah
- Prof Mike Inouye (Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, Cambridge University UK)
- Prof David Ray (Oxford University UK)
- Prof Julie McMullen (Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute)
- A/Prof David Greening (Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
- A/Prof Jun Yang (Monash University, Hudson Institute)
- A/Prof Kegan Monaghetti (Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, University of Melbourne)
- Prof Tim Cole (Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, Cambridge University)
- Prof Mike Inouye (Monash University)
- Prof Peter Fuller (Hudson Institute)
- 2020-2025 A/Prof Morag Young, Alice Baker and Eleanor Shaw Gender Equity Fellowship. $980,000 Baker Trust.
- 2020 A/Prof Morag Young, Impact Philanthropy Application Program - IPAP2020/0235. Engineering safer therapies for heart failure; protection for hard-to-treat groups. $89,000.
- 2020 A/Prof Morag Young and AProf Natalie Hannan, Baker University of Melbourne Seed Fund. Risk of heart failure in women following preeclampsia: is prevention possible? $200,000
- 2021 A/Prof Morag Young, AProf Cristian Carvajal, Dr Damian Romero and Dr Jun Yang. FONDECYT Role of mineralocorticoid receptor and exosomes in endocrine hypertension and cardio-renal communication. $20,000.
- 2022 A/Prof Morag Young Commercial Development Seed Funding Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute $50,000
- 2022 A/Prof Morag Young NHF Vanguard Grant, $75,000 Engineering safer therapies for heart failure - protection for hard-to-treat groups
- 2022 A/Prof Morag Young Discovery Domain Seed Fund Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute for development of preclinical model of HFpEF $50,000
- 2022 A/Prof Morag Young and Dr Kegan Monaghetti Collaborative Seed Fund University of Melbourne. Development of a wholistic blood test for cardiometabolic health $100,000
- 2023-2025 A/Prof Morag Young ARC - A new biology for the mineralocorticoid receptor - circadian time and the heart $430,000
- Chi-Sheng Hung, Yi-Yao Chang, Cheng-Hsuan Tsai, Che-Wei Liao, Shih-Yuan Peng, Bo-Ching Lee, Chien-Ting Pan, Xue-Ming Wu, Zheng-Wei Chen, Vin-Cent Wu, Cho-Hua Wan, Morag J Young, Chia-Hung Chou, Yen-Hung Lin, TAIPAI Study Group (2022). Aldosterone suppresses cardiac mitochondria. Translational Research. 239:58-70. IF = 8.499.
- Jordan H Lai, Stella May Gwini, Gang Chen, Katrina M Long, Grant Russell, Markus P Schlaich, Michael Stowasser, Morag J Young, Peter J Fuller, Trevor A Mori, Martin Wolley, Christopher M. Reid, Jun Yang (2022). Willingness to be tested for a secondary form of hypertension: a survey of the Australian general community. Internal Medicine Journal IMJ-0591-2022.R1 Accepted Oct 2022
- Pravik Solanki, Stella May Gwini, Renata Libianto, Genevieve Gabb, Jimmy Shen, Morag J Young, Peter J Fuller, Jun Yang (2022). Risky Business: Calculated Cardiovascular Risk Underestimates Real Risk in Hypertensive Patients with Primary Aldosteronism. BMJ Open. Accepted 26th Oct 2022
- Young, M.J., Fullerton, M., Dilley, R. and Funder, J.W. (1994). Mineralocorticoids, hypertension and cardiac fibrosis. Journal of Clinical Investigation 93: 2578-2583. IF= 16.915 Citations: 549
- Young, M.J., Head, G. and Funder, J.W. (1995). Determinants of cardiac fibrosis in experimental hypermineralocorticoid states. American Journal of Physiology 269: E657-E662. IF=3.881 Citations: 311
- Young, M.J. and Funder, J.W. (1996). The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in experimental mineralocorticoid-salt induced fibrosis. American Journal of Physiology 271: E883-E888.
- Dellovade, T.L., Young, M.J., Ross, E.P., Henderson, R., Caron, K.M., Parker, K.L. and Tobet, S.A. (2000). Disruption of the gene encoding SF-1 alters the distribution of hypothalamic neuronal phenotypes. Journal of Comparative Neurology 423: 579-589.
- Young, M.J., Clyne, C.D., Cole, T.C. and Funder, J.W. (2001). Cardiac steroidogenesis in the normal and failing heart. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 86: 5121-5126.
- Majdic, G., Young, M.J., Gomez-Sanchez, E., Anderson, P., Szczepaniak, L., Dobbins, R., McGarry, J.D. and Parker, K.L. (2002). SF-1 knockout mice are a novel genetic model of hypothalamic obesity. Endocrinology 143: 607-614. IF=4.993 Citations: 310 2.68
- Young, M.J., Moussa, L., Dilley, R. and Funder, J.W. (2003). Early inflammatory responses in experimental cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis: effects of 11bhydroxysteroid dehydrogenase inactivation. Endocrinology 144: 1121-1125. IF=4.993 Citations: 144 4.98
- Sofi, M., Young, M.J., Papamakarios, T., Simpson, E.R. and Clyne, C.D. (2003). Role of CRE-binding protein (CREB) in aromatase expression in breast adipose. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 79: 399-407. IF= 4.453 Citations: 81
- Young, M.J. and Funder, J.W. (2003). Mineralocorticoid action and sodium-hydrogen exchange: studies in experimental cardiac fibrosis. Endocrinology 144:3848-51 IF=4.993 Citations:61
- Young, M.J. and Funder, J.W. (2004). Eplerenone, but not steroid withdrawal, reverses cardiac fibrosis in deoxycorticosterone/salt-treated rats. Endocrinology; 145:3153-7 IF=4.993 Citations:131
- Lam, E.Y.M., Fuller, P.J., Nikolic-Paterson, D.J., Funder, J.W. and M.J. Young (2006). Mineralocorticoid receptor blockade but not steroid withdrawal reverses renal fibrosis in DOC/salt rats. Endocrinology.147:3623-9.IF=4.993 Citations: 46
- Rickard, AJ., Funder, JW., Fuller, PJ., and M.J. Young (2006). The role of the glucocorticoid receptor in mineralocorticoid/salt mediated cardiac fibrosis. Endocrinology. 147:5901-6. IF=4.993 Citations:41
- Wong, S., Brennan, F.E., Young, M.J., Fuller, P.J. and T.J. Cole (2007). A Direct Effect of Aldosterone on Endothelin-1 Gene Expression in vivo. Endocrinology. 148:1511-7. IF=4.993 Citations: 54
- Rickard, A.J., Morgan, J., Funder, JW., Fuller, PJ., and M.J. Young (2007). Does glucocorticoid receptor blockade exacerbate tissue damage following mineralocorticoid/salt administration? Endocrinology. 148:4829-4835. IF= 4.993 Citations:26
- Clyne CD, Chang CY, Safi R, Fuller PJ, McDonnell DP and M.J. Young (2009). Purification and characterization of recombinant human mineralocorticoid receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 10;302(1):81-5. IF= 4.119 Citations: 19
- Wilson, P., Morgan, J., Funder, J.W., Fuller, PJ., and M.J. Young (2009)Mediators of mineralocorticoid receptor-induced profibrotic inflammatory responses in the heart. Clin Sci. 116(9):731-9. IF=4.613 Citations:51
- Rickard, A.J., Morgan, J., Tesch, G., Funder, J.W., Fuller, P.J., and M.J. Young (2009). Deletion of mineralocorticoid receptors from macrophages protects against DOC/salt-induced cardiac fibrosis and hypertension. Hypertension. 54(3):537-43. CI=53 IF=6.8. Citations: 291
- Sierens J1, Jakody I, Poobalan Y, Meachem SJ, Knower K, Young MJ, Sirianni R, Pezzi V, and CD Clyne. (2010). Localization and regulation of aromatase liver receptor homologue-1 in the developing rat testis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 29;323(2):307-13. Citations: 22
- Young M.J., Morgan J, Brolin K, et al. (2010). Activation of Mineralocorticoid Receptors by Exogenous Glucocorticoids and the Development of Cardiovascular Inflammatory Responses in Adrenalectomized Rats. Endocrinology. 51(6): 2622-2628 IF= 4.993 Citations:28
- Yang J, Chang CY, Safi R, Morgan J, McDonnell DP, Fuller PJ, Clyne CD, Young MJ. (2011). Identification of ligand-selective peptide antagonists of the mineralocorticoid receptor using phage display. Mol Endocrinol. 25(1):32-43. IF= 4.889 Citations:51
- Mellor KM, Bell JR, Young MJ, Ritchie RH, Delbridge LM. (2011). Myocardial autophagy activation and suppressed survival signaling is associated with insulin resistance in fructose-fed mice. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 50(6):1035-43. IF= 5.499 Citations:200
- Lim AK, Ma FY, Nikolic-Paterson DJ, Ozols E, Young MJ, Bennett BL, Friedman GC, Tesch GH (2011). Evaluation of JNK Blockade as an Early Intervention Treatment for Type 1 Diabetic Nephropathy in Hypertensive Rats. Am J Nephrol. 26;34(4):337-346. IF= 2.658 Citations: 43
- Bienvenu, LA., Morgan J., Tesch, G.H., Cranston, G.A., Fletcher, EK., Delbridge, LM, MJ. Young (2012). Macrophage mineralocorticoid receptor signaling plays a key role in aldosterone-independent cardiac fibrosis. Endocrinology. 153(7):3416-25. IF=4.993 Citations:109
- Rickard, AJ, Morgan, J., Bienvenu, LA., Fletcher, EK., Cranston, GA, Shen, JZ., Reichelt, ME., Delbridge, L.M. and M.J. Young (2012). Cardiomyocyte MR signaling is essential for DOC/salt-mediated cardiac fibrosis and blood pressure regulation. Hypertension. 60:1443-50. IF=6.8. Citations:96
- Rickard, A.J., Morgan, J., Chrissobolis, S., Miller, A.A., Sobey, C.G. and M.J. Young. (2014). Endothelial cell mineralocorticoid receptors regulate DOC/salt-mediated cardiac remodeling and vascular reactivity, but not blood pressure. Hypertension 63(5):1033-40. Selected for Editorial Comment IF=6.8. Citations:119
- Shen, J.Z., Morgan, J., Tesch, G.H., Fuller, P.J. and Young, M.J. (2014) CCL2-dependent macrophage recruitment is critical for mineralocorticoid receptor-mediated cardiac fibrosis, inflammation, and blood pressure responses in male mice. Endocrinology. 155(3):1057-66. Citations:51
- Huang LL, Nikolic-Paterson DJ, Han Y, Ozols E, Ma F, Young MJ, Tesch GH. (2014) Myeloid mineralocorticoid receptor activation contributes to progressive kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014 Oct;25(10):2231-40. Citations: 23
- Lazarus, K.A., Brown, K.A., Young, M.J., Zhao, Z., Coulson, R., Chand, A.L. and C.D. Clyne (2014). Conditional over-expression of Liver Receptor Homolog -1 in female mouse mammary epithelium results in altered mammary morphogenesis via the induction of TGF-b. Endocrinology, 155(5):1606-17. Citations: 13
- Armani, A., Cinti, F., Marzolla, V., Morgan, J., Cranston,G.A.,Antelmi, A., Carpinelli, G., Canese, R., Pagotto, U., Quarta, C.,Malorni, W., Matarrese, P., Marconi, M., Fabbri, A., Rosano, G., Cinti, S., Young, M.J. (equal last author) and M. Caprio.(2014). Mineralocorticoid Receptor antagonism counters metabolic dysfunctions induced by high fat diet in mice, through browning of the adipose organ. FASEB J. 28(8):3745-57. Citations: 135
- Rogerson, F., Yao, Y., Young M.J. and P.J. Fuller (2014). Identification and characterization of a ligand selective mineralocorticoid receptor coactivator. FASEB J. 2014 Oct;28(10):4200-10 Citations:28
- Yang, J., Fuller, P.J., Shibata, H., Morgan, J., McDonnell,D.M., Clyne, C.D. and M.J. Young. (2014) Use of phage display to identify novel mineralocorticoid receptor-interacting proteins. Molecular Endocrinology. 28(9):1571-84. Citations: 29
- J. Yang, P.J. Fuller, J. Morgan, H. Shibata, C.D. Clyne, and M.J. Young. (2015) Gemin4 functions as a cell- and gene-specific corepressor of the mineralocorticoid receptor. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology. 54(2):149-60. Citations: 17
- T.J. Cole, L. Terella, J. Morgan, M. Alexiadis, P. Enriori, M.J. Young, and P.J. Fuller (2015). Aldosterone-mediated renal sodium transport requires intact mineralocorticoid receptor DNA-binding in the mouse. Endocrinology. 156(8):2958-68. Citations:9
- L.A. Bienvenu, M.E. Reichelt, J. Morgan,E.K. Fletcher, J.R. Bell, A.J. Rickard, L.M. Delbridge and M.J. Young (2015). Cardiomyocyte mineralocorticoid receptor activation impairs acute cardiac functional recovery after ischemic insult. Hypertension. 66(5):970-7. Citations: 16
- A. Winship., K. Koga, E. Menkhorst, M. Van Sinderen, K. Rainczuk, M. Nagai, C. Cuman, J.Yap, JG Zhang, D. Simmons, M.J. Young and E. Dimitriadis (2015) Interleukin-11 alters placentation and causes preeclampsia features in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 29;112(52):15928-33. Citations:64
- Q.N. Dinh, M.J. Young, G.R. Drummond, C.G. Sobey, S. Chrissobolis. (2016) Aldosterone-induced oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain are mediated by the endothelial cell mineralocorticoid receptor. Journal of Hypertension. 1637:146-53. Citations: 68
- Nagase, M., Kurihara, H., Aiba, A., Young M.J. and T. Sakai. (2016) Deletion of Rac1GTPase in the Myeloid Lineage Protects against Inflammation-Mediated Kidney Injury in Mice. PLOS Mar 3;11(3):e0150886. Citations: 19
- J.Z. Shen, J Morgan, G.H. Tesch, A.J. Rickard, S Chrissobolis, G.R. Drummond, P.J. Fuller, M.J. Young. (2016) Myeloid mineralocorticoid receptor signalling determines tissue macrophage regulation of cardiovascular inflammation and remodelling in male mice. Endocrinology Aug;157(8):3213-23. Citations 56
- L.A. Bienvenu, J. Morgan, L.M.D. Delbridge and M.J. Young. (2017) Chronic nitric oxide deficiency impairs acute cardiac functional recovery after ischemia in female mice; protective effects of cardiomyocyte mineralocorticoid receptor knockout. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 30;112:8-15. Citations:15
- E.K. Fletcher, J. Morgan, D. Kennaway, L.M.D Delbridge, P.J. Fuller, C.D. Clyne and M.J. Young. (2017) DOC/salt mediated cardiac inflammation and fibrosis requires a functional circadian clock in male mice. Endocrinology. 1;158(9):2906-2917 Citations:15
- C.B. Magne Nde, G.C. Gimeno; M. Docanto, K.C Knower, M.J. Young, J. Buehn, E. Sayed and C.D. Clyne (2018). Timeless is a novel Estrogen Receptor co-activator involved in multiple signalling pathways in MCF-7 cells. Journal of Molecular Biology. 430(10):1531-1543. Citations:14
- M.P Bonham, G. Leung, R. Davis, T.L Sletten, Murgia, C., M.J. Young, Eikelis, N., Lambert, E.A., C.E Huggins. (2018) Does modifying the timing of meal intake improve cardiovascular risk factors? A pilot intervention in night shift workers with abdominal obesity. British Medical Journal Open. 8(3):e020396 Citations:14
- E.K. Fletcher, M. Kanki, J. Morgan1, D.W. Ray, L.M. Delbridge, P.J. Fuller, C.D. Clyne, M.J. Young. (2019) Cardiomyocyte transcription is controlled by combined MR and circadian clock signalling. Journal of Endocrinology 241 (1); 17-29. Citations:14
- C.B. Bui, M. Kolodziej, E. Lamanna, K. Elgass, A. Sehgal, I Rudloff, D.O. Schwenke, H. Tsuchimochi, M. Kroon, S.X. Cho, A. Maksimenko, M. Cholewa, P.J. Berger, M.J.Young, J. Bourke, J.T. Pearson, M.F. Nold, C.A. Nold. (2019) Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protects newborn mice against pulmonary hypertension. Frontiers in Immunology, section Cytokines and Soluble Mediators in Immunity. 10: 1480 Citations: 26
- P.J. Fuller, R. Jin, YZ Yao, B. Martín-Fernández, M.J. Young, S. He, B.J. Smith.(2019). Molecular Evolution of the Switch for Progesterone from Mineralocorticoid Receptor Agonist to Antagonist. Proceedings National Academy of Science. 116(37)18578-18583 Citations: 25
- Yin, L., Gwini, SM., Shen, JSZ., Libianto, R., Young, MJ., Fuller, P.J. and J. Yang. (2020) Impact of Victoria’s first dedicated Endocrine Hypertension Service on the pattern of primary aldosteronism diagnoses. Medical Journal of Australia. 51(8):1255-1261
- P. Solanki, S.M. Gwini, P.J. Fuller, J. Shen, James C.G. Doery, M.J. Young, K.W. Choy, J. Yang. Age and sex-specific reference ranges are needed for the Aldosterone/Renin Ratio, Clinical Endocrinology. 93(3):221-228 Citations : 10
- J. Cohen, R. Bellomo, L. Billot, L. Burrell, D. Evans, S. Finfer, N. Hammond, Q. Li, D. Liu, C. McArthur, B. McWhinney, John Moore, J. Myburgh, S. Peake, C. Pretorius, D., Rajbhandari,A., Rhodes, M. Saxena,J. Ungerer, M.J, Young & B. Venkatesh (2020). The relationship between cortisol, aldosterone, ascorbic acid and adrenocortical gene expression with clinical outcomes in patients treated with hydrocortisone for septic shock. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 202(5):700-707. Citations : 6
- G.S.Z. Ong, J. Morgan, D. Saville, A. Mansell, J.K. Dowling, G.H. Tesch, P.J. Fuller, M.J. Young (2020). Mineralocorticoid Receptor-dependent pathways regulate the macrophage response to proinflammatory stimuli and promote cardiac tissue inflammation. Journal of Endocrinology. 246(2):123-134. Citations : 5
- R. Hu,X. Li, C. Peng, R. Gao, L. Ma, J. Hu, T. Luo, H. Qing, Y. Wang, Q. Ge, Z. Wang, C. Wu, X. Xiao, J. Yang, M.J. Young, Q. Li, S. Yang (2020). miR-196b-5p-enriched Extracellular Vesicles from Tubular Epithelial Cells Mediated Aldosterone-induced Renal Fibrosis in Diabetic Mice. BMJ Diabetes Open Diabetes Research and Care. 8(1):e001101.
- E. Menkhorst, W. Zhou, L. Santos, S. Delforce, T. So, K. Rainczuk, H. Loke, A. Syngelaki, S. Varshney, N. Williamson, K. Pringle, M.J. Young, K. Nicolaides, Y. St-Pierre and E. Dimitriadis. (2020) Galectin-7 impairs placentation and causes preeclampsia features in mice. Hypertension. 76(4):1185-1194 Citations : 13
- T. B. Doan, V. Cheung, C.D. Clyne2, H.N. Hilton, N. Eriksson, M.J. Young, J.W. Funder, G.E.O. Muscat, P.J. Fuller, C.L. Clarke, J.D. Graham (2020). A tumour suppressive relationship between mineralocorticoid and retinoic acid receptors activates a transcriptional program consistent with a reverse Warburg effect in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. 22(1):122 Citations : 7
- R. Libianto, J. Hu, M.R. Chee, J. Hoo, Y.Y. Lim, J.Z. Shen, Q. Li, M.J. Young, P.J. Fuller, J. Yang. (2020) A multi-centre study of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in primary aldosteronism. Journal of the Endocrine Society. 4(12):bvaa153
- Chee NYN, Abdul-Wahab A, Libianto R, Gwini SM, Doery JCG, Choy KW, Chong W, Lau KK, Lam Q, MacIsaac RJ, Chiang C, Shen J, Young M.J., Fuller PJ, Yang J. (2020). Utility of adrenocorticotropic hormone in adrenal vein sampling despite the occurrence of discordant lateralization. Clin Endocrinol. 93(4):394-403.
- Burke SL, Barzel B, Jackson KL, Gueguen C, Young MJ, Head GA. (2021). Role of Mineralocorticoid and Angiotensin Type 1 Receptors in the Paraventricular Nucleus in Angiotensin-Induced Hypertension. Front Physiol. 2021 Mar 8;12:640373.
- R. Libianto, S. Menzes, O. Narayan, J. Cameron, P.J. Fuller, J. Yang and M.J. Young (2021). Comparison of ambulatory blood pressure between patients with primary aldosteronism and other forms of hypertension. Clinical Endocrinology 94(3):353-360. Citations : 3
- E. Barros, J.P. Rigalli, A. Tapia-Castillo, A. Vecchiola, M.J. Young, J. Heenderop, R. Bindels, C. E. Fardella, C. A. Carvajal. (2021) Proteomic Profile of Urinary Extracellular Vesicles Identifies AGP1 as a Potential Biomarker of Primary Aldosteronism. Endocrinology, Volume 162 (4). Citations : 4
- Min Ru Chee, Jesse Hoo, Renata Libianto, Stella Gwini, Garun Hamilton, Om Narayan, Morag J Young, Peter Fuller, and Jun Yang (2021). Prospective Screening for Primary Aldosteronism in Patients with Suspected Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Hypertension. 77(6):2094-2103. Citations : 6
- Jun Yang, Stella May Gwini, Lawrence J Beilin, Markus Schlaich, Michael Stowasser, Morag J Young, Peter J Fuller, and Trevor A Mori.(2021)Relationship between the aldosterone-to-renin ratio and blood pressure in young adults: a longitudinal study. Hypertension. 78(2):387-396. Citations : 3
- Yin Yu Lim, Renata Libianto, Jimmy Shen, Morag J. Young, Peter J. Fuller and Jun Yang (2021). Impact of Victoria’s first dedicated endocrine hypertension service on the pattern of primary aldosteronism diagnoses. Internal Medical Journal. 51; 1255–1261. Citations : 7
- Lao, J.C., Bui, CB., Pang, MA., Cho, S.X., Rudloff, I., Sehgal, A., Elgass, K., Pearson, J., Mangan, NE., Maksimenko, A., Starkey, MR., Hansbro, PM., Camden Y. Lo, CY., Skuza, EM Young, M.J., Beker, F., Collins, C., Kamlin, O., König, K., Malhotra, A., Tan, K., Theda, C., Veldman, A., Berger, PJ., Nold-Petry, CA Marcel F. Nold, MF. (2022). Immune Polarization in Preterm Infants and its Impact on Cardiopulmonary Disease. Science and Translational Medicine. 14(639):eaaz8454
- Renata Libianto, Grant M Russell, Michael Stowasser, Stella M Gwini, Peta Nuttall, Jimmy Shen, Morag J Young, Peter J Fuller, Jun Yang (2022) Detecting primary aldosteronism in Australian primary care: a prospective study The medical Journal of Australia. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.5694/mja2.51438
- E. Menkhorst, W. Zhou, L. Santos, S. Delforce, T. So, K. Rainczuk, H. Loke, A. Syngelaki, S. Varshney, N. Williamson, K. Pringle, M.J. Young, K. Nicolaides, Y. St-Pierre and E. Dimitriadis. Galectin-7 dysregulates renin-angiotensin-aldosterone and NADPH oxide synthase pathways in preeclampsia (2022). Pregnancy Hypertension. 30:130-136
- Colin D. Clyne, Alexander Cowcher, Kevin Kusnadi, James Morgan, Jun Yang, Peter J. Fuller, Morag J. Young (2022). Regulation of the mineralocorticoid receptor transactivation by circadian protein timeless. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology. JME-21-0279 online
For project inquiries, contact our research group head.
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Head of Laboratory Assoc Professor Morag Young
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.