Doctors in Secondary Schools
The Doctors in Secondary Schools Program is a new initiative that is a world-first systematic pilot of primary care delivery within a school setting. The Victorian Government are rolling out the program to 100 disadvantaged secondary schools and are currently recruiting GPs and nurses interested in working within school hours in the fields of preventive health care and early interventions with young people. Training in youth-friendly care and ongoing support are provided as part of the Program.
- Professor Lena Sanci, Head of Department
- Dr Bianca Forrester, Lecturer in Adolescent Health and Primary Care
- Dr Ann-Maree Duncan, Research Administrative Support Officer
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne
- Centre of Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH), Rural Clinical School, University of Melbourne
- Centre for Youth Mental Health (Orygen)
- Department of Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- Family Planning Victoria
- Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS)
- Foundation House
The Doctors in Secondary School program is supported by the Victorian Government
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.