- VicREN is seeking members of the public and primary care providers to provide advice to the Department of General Practice's Data Driven Quality Improvement research group, and to the Future Health Today program of work, for more information contact us.
Terms of Reference and Expression of Interest
- Data driven quality improvement consumer Special Interest Group (PDF 640.0 KB)
- Expression of Interest to join Advisory groups
(DOCX 405.3 KB)
NEWS and Recruitment opportunities for primary care providers (clinicians or practice staff)
- Monitoring the evolving COVID picture and adjusting processes as necessary: Click here to read letter for VicREN Chair and Head of Department Prof Lena Sanci (posted 23 Feb 2021)
- Seeking general practices to be part of Data for Decisions. This is an exciting, ongoing initiative that enables general practices to be involved in data-driven research without need for ongoing active staff involvement. An independent Data Governance Committee of GPs, consumers, practice managers, lawyer and others decides which ethically approved research projects can access fully de-identified primary care data for research. Involved practices are part of the VicREN e-practice-based research network. Contact email@example.com for more information.
News and events
- What to do if you have COVID-19 at home: how to look after yourself and what you need
COVID-19 is in the community now and if you haven’t already caught it, the likelihood is you or someone close to you will. Here is some practical advice to help you prepare so that you can manage this in your home.
- COVID-19 seems to be everywhere, so how do we manage this in our home? - Neos Kosmos. Dr Simonis is an experienced GP and member of the RACGP Expert Committee Quality Care and here she shares some medical advice on how we can manage mild COVID-19 at home. https://neoskosmos.com/en/2022/01/09/life/covid-19-seems-to-be-everywhere-so-how-do-we-manage-this-in-our-home/ (10 Jan 2022)
- VicREN member and academic GP A/Prof Jo-Anne Manski-Nankervis' Moth-style talk:
Jo-Anne's story should be listened to by medical students and doctors interested in pursuing research. It also provides poignant insight into the important role of general practitioners in the community. Click here for more information (Nov 2020).
- Legal and ethical perspectives on health data sharing: The third of our interactive online forums was attended by VicREN members and other interested GPs, practice managers and practice nurses. We had a guided conversation and Q&A session with three academic lawyers with expertise in health data sharing and clinical decision support tools and their regulation. (December 2020).
- The 12th annual Department of General Practice Research and Teaching Awards Night went ahead in a webinar format on the 20th October 2020. We had a jam packed hour facilitated by Dr Nick Carr. Our Hon Professor Michael Kidd AM gave the key note, followed by a chat with special guests about primary care in the next 10 years. Follow this link to find out who were the award winners from general practices.
- Informing Future Models of Care 23rd June 2020: The first of our interactive online forums to help shape general practice in the post-first wave of COVID-19 world was well attended. VicREN members and other interested GPs, practice managers and practice nurses joined VicREN Chair and Head of Department Prof Lena Sanci with special guests Dr Mukesh Haikerwal and Dr Andrew Baird. Insights were shared that informed our advocacy efforts in the escalation of issues to policy makers.
- VicREN member article helping GPs to respond to misinformation about coronavirus: “Coronavirus: Myths, open questions and overhyped treatments” (April 2020)
VicREN GP Dr Magdalena Simonis shared her article from RACGP’s News GP. Dr Simonis said: “There’s a lot of noise out there and GPs are being faced with all sorts of questions. I thought this might be of some help to our GP community.”
- Congratulations to the GPs, practice nurses and practice staff recognised at the Eleventh Annual Department of General Practice Research and Teaching Awards night for their excellent contribution to research and/or teaching. The VicREN research awards are a highlight of the year. (May 2019)