Department of General Practice Tenth Annual Awards Night
The theme of the 10th annual Awards Night was GP clinical data for research: Doing it right.
The evening recognised and awarded individuals and practices for their roles in teaching and research in 2017.
The Department of General Practice Annual Awards Night was held at University House at the Woodward on Wednesday 16 May.
A panel discussion exploring the legal, ethical and consumer perspectives of the use of general practice
data in research was facilitated by Dr Nick Carr. General Practitioner and Radio Presenter. The panel included Dr Jo-Anne Manski-Nankervis; Dr Victoria Palmer; Dr Jessica Bell, a researcher in biotechnology, law and ethics; and Dr Janney Wale as consumer advocate.
The Awards Night recognises the generous contribution of the Primary Care Community general practitioners and practice staff to the teaching and research undertaken at the Department. We take this opportunity to again congratulate all award winners for 2017:
- Excellence as a Teaching Practice in the GP Term - Banyule Community Health
- Excellent Contribution to Research by a General Practice - Hoppers Crossing Medical Centre
- Excellent Contribution to Supporting Student Research by a Primary Care Practitioner - Dr Edmund Poliness
- Exceptional Contribution to General Practice Research - Dr Irmgard Chia
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Manager – Raphael Sammut
- Excellent Contribution to research by Practice Nurse – Alyce Jarczak
- Outstanding GP Term Teacher - Emrana Alavi
- Best New GP Term Teacher - Dr Khurram Ajaz
- Lifetime Acheivement Award for Teaching and Research - A/Prof Ralph Audehm
- 2017 Graduate Primary Care Nursing Student Award - Danielle Siler
- 2017 Therapeutic Guidelines Award - Diana Jakobson
- 2017 RACGP Victoria Prize - Sarah Dahlgren-Allen
- 2017 Eastern Victoria GP Training Prize - Alexander Strathmore