The Sexual Wellness Professional Development Series is a free online initiative designed to meet the distinctive needs of Rural and Regional sexual health professionals. Our primary aim is to enhance knowledge, skills, and confidence in adopting best-practice approaches to address sexual health and wellness concerns.
Each month, experts in the field of sexual health delve into topics tailored to a range of health professionals including but not limited to; clinical, health promotion, community services and education. This series also serves as a platform to showcase emerging evidence in the field.
For those with busy schedules, our webinar recordings offer the flexibility to access this invaluable content at your convenience. Join us in advancing sexual health knowledge and practice.
Links to Webinar Recordings
If you were unable to attend one of our PD webinars, you may still be able to find the recording below. Unfortunately, due to some funding and content restrictions, not all of our sessions are able to recorded. If there is a session you have questions about, but do not see below, please contact us at email@example.com and we will try to assist you or redirect your query to the relevant speaker.
2023 Webinar Recordings
- March - Presenter: Professor Jane Tomany, Topic: Partner Notification for STIs/HIV.
- April - Presenter: Alan McKee, Topic: What do we know about the effects of pornography after 50 years of academic research.
- May - Presenter: Debbie Ollis, Topic: A context for SRE/RSE/RRE in 2023.
- July - Presenter: Budiadi Sudarto, Topic: "Part of their body, part of their wellbeing": Education providers role in sexual and reproductive health education for international students in Victoria, Australia.
- September - Presenter: Louise Bourchier, Topic: "Older adults' sexual health".
- October - Present: Jodi Rogers, Topic: "Birds and Bees'
2022 Webinar Recordings
- June - Presenter: Dr Siobhan Bourke, Topic: Sensitive Physical Examination.
- July - Presenter: Shannon Hill, Topic: Building Support for Women's Sexual Wellbeing in Rural & Regional Victoria.
- August - Presenter: Dr Gemma McKibben & Molly Madigan, Topic: Power to Kids: A Child Sexual Abuse prevention and response program in Out-of-Home Care.
- September - Presenter: Isabella Burstin, Topic: Empowering individuals with physical, cognitive, and sexual health conditions to engage their sexuality through providing accessible products and sex-positive blogs.